Tres Pension
Ipil Suites Puerto Princesa(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
$34
$40
Astoria Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
$108
$77
Aziza Paradise Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
$109
$81
Agoda.com
Acacia Tree Garden Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
$55
$138
$163
$153
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspension housejapanese languageel nidoreception areamspalawanaccommodationairportppsreceptionist
Reviewed May 31, 2013

pros-

1) owner and staff very friendly.

2) if you want quiet, this is it! it is in a residential area.

3) affordable. with free breakfast.

4) they own 2 properties facing each other: we got the bungalow section but the bahay-kubo style rooms look nice. I didn't get to see the interior, though.

5) they can arrange for activities. joy is very helpful and very nice. (hello joy!)

cons-

1)away from the city. 40 pesos each way to get there.

2) no restaurants in the vicinity. it's in a residential area (like I mentioned earlier).

3) a lot of trees surrounding the area. therefore, a lot of mosquitoes (my child is
allergic to insect bites- we're talking about REAL allergy, with inflammation, blister etc. nothing works but that's another story). it's a clean place so no issue there but just a lot of trees everywhere.

4) very small rooms.

5) small pension place therefore setbacks with power outages and whatnot.

5) non-refundable.

I'm being fair that's why I put the pros first.

We arrived on a very hot day welcomed by a friendly staff. We went to our room which was small but ok. Nothing really outstanding. With the room rate, I didn't expect a lot. AC not working ( power outage, they told me) TV not working, wifi not working. I could car less about TV and wifi
but the AC was very important. I informed staff and they said they were working on the generator. It was so hot that we went out to explore the city right away since we couldn't relax in the hot room. We came back in the afternoon and we had to stay outside of the room again ( it was very hot, not kidding you) till the generator went up and running! It was so frustrating.
The owner ( she was nice) talked to use and recommended for us to go cool down in a hotel with a pool (we went to Hotel Centro- read my review for that one). Finally the generator worked and we left the room with the AC on to ensure we would have a cool room but when we returned, someone turned it off! I know, I know, conserve electricity and all but with the heat and slow AC and mosquitoes, we wanted to be comfortable! By this time, my son had multiple mosquito bites already ( from the room and outside) and we were really getting frustrated. In fairness, the owner really tried to help by applying a mosquito repellant (on his wrist. she said they use it in japan) and placed a "katul" ( I don't know hwat you call this in English) but nothing was working. She could see pustules from the mosquito bites. We informed her that because of the inconvenience ( generator not working for few hours hence no AC, mosquitoes etc) we would like to move to another hotel and perhaps can we get a refund ( I paid for 3 days). She said No.

I felt that we were entitled to a refund ( at least 1 day) since we were inconvenienced the moment we arrived. But I didn't have time to argue and they were very nice people and we just wanted to leave the place right away. We moved to Hotel Centro and the room/AC/buffet/ pool/staff were great! Everything was awesome. Trike was P13 one way. This hotel was accessible to everything and worth every penny I paid.

All in all, I would recommend Tres Pension IF you're on a tight budget but if one can afford to to pay more and want comfort, food, cool room, accessibility and the works, go somewhere else.

Palawan is one of the best places we visited. Remember, it's nature conservation here too so be prepared when you visit. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cooltraveller1201
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We loved this place, stayed there 2 times. Very friendly, clean, lovely staff, Joanne on reception desk, owner/family. Relaxed, beautiful settings. They do airport pick up/drop off, only 10 mins. Also can arrange taxi if you want to explore Puerto or go to Robinsons mall 5 minutes away, great for food, aircon etc in the evening. They even looked after a bag for us while we went north to Secret Paradise & Greenviews in El Nido (2 other great places to stay).

Room Tip: Get the better rooms, can't remember the name, but have double bed with shower ensuite. Gardens & outside area look smarter, also suspect wifi closer to these rooms
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you want the right blend of feel at home, clean, affordable accommodation and people that would make you feel welcome, I highly recommend this place. The quiet relaxing mood of the place and the welcoming attitude of the owner and staff are superb! I really like the

For heavier breakfast, you may top up their complimentary breakfast consisting of bread, butter, jam, fruit(banana, papaya or mango) with coffee and juice, you may order the night ahead. Tapa, Tocino, Chorizo, bangus meals are available. Aside from the super friendly staff, what I love the most are the curtained tables outside where you can sit on pillows while talking or taking our breakfast. The only sound you can are the chirping birds. It was such a paradise!

Would be better if food was readily available for order directly from the pension's kitchen for snacks, lunch and dinner ;)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe room though we came in a bit late, the receptionist greeted and welcomed us warmly. For I think 10 mins, power was out. The aircon is a bit small for the room though. Anyway, they serve complimentary breakfast comprised of bread and jam plus coffee and orange juice. The location is very nice for photo ops and the place is very clean. The only thing off is the location since it will cost you to pay more for transpo but overall the place is very nice. The staff is very accommodating to guests so this a major Plus! I would have to commend the owner for choosing very good staff.

1  Thank blueberri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights and I could say that it was a memorable experience. Personally, the travel agency booked our stay so all we can do is to check the review of Tres. What is great is that every single detail in the pictures was the real stuffs we saw when we arrived. First off is Kuya driver was already waiting for us outside the airport for the pick up. Upon arriving, the staff welcomed us with warm smiles (and it is really quite relaxing after a bumpy flight, that someone you dont know would welcome you that way even though its part of their job, you would really feel that it is a sincere welcome). Still on the first day but these staff named Juna and Mel already informed us of what to expect and it gets us more excited of the tour. Luckily, the owner was also there, Ms Vivian, who also lend a hand for some tips for the half-week vacation. The room is really nice and clean. Not to mention that even though you walk barefooted, minimal dirt to none was to expect. They also offer free breakfast of toasted breads, jam, butter, juice, coffee and a fruit. I know for some, they would really expect a heavy breakfast with rice and all stuffs, however, check the price of your accommodation. That is around half the price or more for a fancy hotel. You could top a Php 100 for breakfast though. Though there are no restaurants within the area, restaurants are just a couple of blocks away and walking would not be so difficult. However if you are lazy, the staff would arrange a "taxi"-tricycle for you. All in all, I would really recommend this place since the staff are very efficient and helpful. They are so friendly that I challenged myself to annoy them however, to no avail. Even if I bullied them, they would still smile back at me. I will surely be back to this place if given the chance to have another vacation in Palawan.

• Stayed: May 2013