“do not go it has shut down”

Tio Rod's Restaurant Bar & Lounge
Cuisines: Asian, European, Filipino
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beside One Rover's Place Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed December 18, 2013

went to tio rods 3 times and every time it was closed, nobody new what was going on , the local people said it was still open but we tried 3 times one of our taxi drivers did not know where it was so I would say that it has closed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I stayed in Puerto Princesa for 3 days and 2 nights. We visited the underground river, took a Honda Bay Island hopping tour and city tour. Our tour package included accommodations to One Rover’s Place, the budget hotel inn right beside Tio Rod’s Restaurant.

We had our breakfasts at Tio Rod’s. I should say, I liked having my breakfast at this restaurant. I like my mornings quiet and unhurried – this is what attracted me most about the restaurant. It’s just so peaceful in the morning and the waitresses are very attentive to our needs.

With how the restaurant looks, I thought food prices are expensive. But I found out they are not. Dishes here are very affordable and have decent serving sizes. The taste is not over the top but it is good.

We also visited the restaurant for a few drinks to cap off our first night in Puerto Princesa and we had the chance to meet one of the owners, whose name I couldn’t remember. He was tending the bar at the time. He was very cheery and even sat with us for a few minutes to chat and asked how our first day in the city went.

Overall, I’d give Tio Rod’s 4 stars for its reasonable prices, attentive servers and warm ambiance.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

one of the few restaurant we went to. and we love it. highly recommended. also also have filipino and seafood.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I came to Puerto Princesa to meet a client. I was looking for a good place where my client and I can have dinner and discuss our project. When I saw Tio Rod’s, I thought it would be a perfect place.

The restaurant is spacious and has adequate light. It is also very airy. The chairs are comfortable to sit on. Also, it is not very noisy, even when we went there on a busy night. The crew was polite and attentive to our needs.

The food is great. Although I had quite a difficult time choosing a dish because I wanted to try a lot of their food items, the server was very knowledgeable of their products. Her recommendations were very delicious. Food portions were for sharing, so I think their prices are pretty reasonable. Because I have a sweet tooth, I had to try 2 of their desserts. The coffee jelly was delicious but the blueberry cheesecake was just okay.

There was a piano in the restaurant, I heard there are nights when someone plays the piano but no one was playing when we visited, which was quite unfortunate.

Overall, I had a great time at this restaurant. I definitely would come back here if I come to Puerto Princesa again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Second best thai food resto in town. the 1st one is MJ's cafe bar. a nice place for party. food. drinks. sometime you can meet up with city top tourism guro sir toots and maam gigi.