“This is the 1st time I was disappointed at Sky Box”
Review of Skybox Sports Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Skybox Sports Bar and Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Just google skybox sports bar puerto princesa
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The last time I was at Sky Box I found out that they had added many new items to the menu. Unfortunately I had already ordered, so a return trip was needed to try some of the new items. I went in on Sunday for lunch. I ordered Beer Battered Fish & Chips. I noticed that Levi, the, always friendly, chef was missing. I was told that he resigned. Although all of the staff there were very good & professional, there was no 'unnecessary' conversation from any of the staff. The beer was very cold, the fish was delicious, but the fries were served cold. I noticed that there were no fries cooking along side of my fish, but it didn't really register until I bit into the first one... I can only guess that 'extra fries' were prepared for an earlier order, & I got them. I will return to try the Rib Eye Steak, but if that visit goes like this one, it will probably be my last.

There are plenty of people who can consistently cook a great meal, and there are plenty of people who can make a customer feel 'at home'. There are very few who can do both. Levi will be missed! I always thought of the American TV series "Cheers" when I ate there, but this time I was just another stranger at the bar...

3  Thank AlanOnPalawan

Reviewed February 24, 2012

My friends and i came from the underground river the whole day and we were famished but we were sick and tired of eating the local fanfare, then we saw Skybox's signs all over puerto declaring it had the best burger in town so we just had to try it,
and good thing we did :)
It was the best burger in Puerto Princesa and comparable to great burger joints in manila.
i had a double cheese burger and that was huge, a pound of juicy burger, chargrilled to perfection.
they not only had burgers but the fried chicken was great, the baby back ribs looked big and tasty which my friend had, and my other friend told me their burritos was fantastic as well.
so i have to admit, Sybox does have the best burger in Puerto Princesa!!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Expensive! The place had 3 tables (12 people) so empty. I decided to have a take away, one hour later and a few errors along the way, and no coke in stock!!! $36 lighter, for 2 burgers and fries and chicken wings. Never ate the chicken wings, they was nasty?

However if the weekend comes the area (In a one level mall type complex) and it has live music, the place is jumping. We had live music, it was great.

The aspect I did like was the outside grill and bar, you can see whats cooking, but the cooks who were young and over worked, its not good when you see fish being cooked on the burger grill, then your burger is next in line!

So re-cap. Expensive! overrated, but has its plus points: Great outside grill bar if the area has something on!

1  Thank Wayne S
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Sited in a new development containing several shops and restaurants. Quite a cool place. Several large screen tv's. Quite a good menu. I went for dinner with my family. Nice burgers and drinks.
However on my second visit (mid-afternoon) the waiter tried to give me a can of beer at room temperature (when the 'room' was about 34 degrees.....basically VERY warm beer). Then he tried to pour it into a glass filled with ice. NO, NO, NO!
I left immediately!

1  Thank PalawanEnglishExpat
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I made my 3rd trip to Skybox on Sunday for an early lunch. I sat at the outdoor bar & ordered a San Mig Light while I looked over the menu. The beer was quickly served & it was very cold. I was lucky this time because Levi was working & he is always a pleasure to talk with while you watch him work. His menu recommendations have never disappointed. I tried the grilled chicken pizza this time & watched as Levi prepared it right in front of me, all the time talking about his love of cooking & talking about his experiences in food service. The pizza was great. the second beer was just as cold as the 1st (you're think "well of course it was" but that is often not the case here in Puerto). Levi says that there will be a larger variety of burgers starting in December. I'll be going back to try them!