“Just ok, not particularly memorable”

Balinsasayaw Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 169 Restaurants in Puerto Princesa
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've eaten at their Manalo St. branch twice. Here's my roundup:

PROs
1. Nice setting - Filipino native huts for each group of diners. It does feel a bit lonely though if you are to be alone.
2. Food portions - Generous.
3. Taste - ok: 4/5. Their famous squid sisig which my friends egged me to try (knowing I dont eat squid) is actually quite good. I broke my diet rules for a while there but it was all good.
4. Price - fairly reasonable.
5. Service - just ok. Sometimes difficult to call the waiters as the huts are isolated and they are not always around.
6. They open until 10pm - good for us because we came from a night trip from El Nido and were famished and not many restaurants were open at around past 9pm.

CONs
1. mosquitoes at night - better bring your repellants!
2. the famous birds nest soup - there is probably only like 1% birds nest ingredient in there - too little to appreciate. the soup overall is good, though.

Overall - it is just ok for me, not particularly memorable. But it is still not so bad. I can recommend to friends (after I've recommended other restaurants).

There are newer reviews for Balinsasayaw Restaurant

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unorganized service and very slow, the food took so long, and i dont like the way they explain why is it late. The staff told me that my order is not available, i said WHAT?, I can't believe that for a long wait they'll just not available. I don't recommend this place, very bad service.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is not good for tourist, and the food is so flat, the service is very slow, our order takes 45 min. to be delivered, and the ambiance is very simple. won't come next time if i visited Palawan.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We're thankful we decided to drop by here for dinner after our PPUR-Ugong Rock trip, as we ended up quite exhausted and hungry. Not much to see around, but the inside of the restaurant is cool and comfortable. We opted not to eat in the cottages outside since it rained hard in PP that day. We ordered their group platter for 8 people along with their monstrous serving of balinsasayaw rice. Although the serving time was quite long, we ended quite contented with happy tummies and pockets. All in all, this is a great place to eat as a group who'd like to just simply relax and eat a lot.

1  Thank toxic-serious
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were in Balinsasayaw for a dinner after our trip from PPUR. T'was in a nice ambiance with much food to choose from. We ordered some drinks and my husband ordered his choices, i had mine too. Okay... food was deliciously prepared no question about that. but my husband's order arrived first.. he took it slowly assuming i can have mine a little later but he finished eating and mine did not arrived still. Well.. we need to be informed about the situation what caused the delay. Or better still serve the food at the same time.

In the end we did not have satisfying feeling about our dinner. Yet that can be improved for other guests.