Palawan Butterfly Ecological Garden and Tribal Village
Puerto Princesa City Tour (private)

Book in advance
from
$66.67
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Palawan Butterfly Ecological Garden and Tribal Village
from $96.16
More Info
from $374.36
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Butterfly Garden and Tribal village last August. So fascinating to see so many butterflies in their wondrous hues. But what really made this trip worthwhile is the time spent in the Tribal Village. My cousin and I were, I guess lucky that there were no other tourists the moment we got inside the village. Thus, making the visit a really intimate one as our questions were greatly entertained, got to play the musical instruments with the tribe. Being a musician, hearing and seeing a "local" play/perform has never been so rewarding. Never thought I'd just have this experience in Philippine Music class. I am looking forward to being back. And I wish that the PPS government will continue it's support and effort in preserving the place for the kids to embrace the culture and be proud to when they grow up.

2  Thank MarkyDorky
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We rented motorbikes in Puerto and drove around to some of the sights around Puerto.

The tribal village at the back of the butterfly garden was very interesting and informative! I would recommend it!

1  Thank Kev1610
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went to the Butterfly Garden while visiting Palawan for the first time. It was a very small place but the Staff was very friendly and hospitable.

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank NYCGayCop
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were supposed to get home on one late afternoon when our ride offered us to pass by the Eco-Garden first since it is still open anyways. Going home to where I stay downtown was a breeze also (take a multicab going to the city for 15php) Entrance Fee is cheap (40php) so it wasn't much of a burden for us. For me, it is quite small (though already renovated) but it is a good venue to learn about the remaining ecological resources that we have within Palawan. From bearcats to butterflies, local peacocks, scorpions and small crocs, it's such a wonderful thing that the locals are very much dedicated to conserving these and maintaining balance with our ecosystem. I must say that I learned so much from what they have told us, esp. about the local tribes in Palawan which were living in the existing tribal village. I'm FIlipino and it's just now that I had the chance to learn about the culture there, so whether you're a local or a foreign traveller, feel free to try to ask as much as you can to appreciate what you see in the place. If you can, you can also donate on their tip box as everything will go to the conservation and improvement of the garden.

1  Thank NinesLicad
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Lots of different butterflies and well organised. Floor can be a little slippy if wearing sandals with no grip. All my family loved it and it's worth to stop and see.

The tribal village is interesting also. They show you how to use many instruments: lighting fire, bamboo blow dart, musical instruments etc :)

1  Thank mawilson8