Chances are that you're in Puerto Princesa as a launching pad to other places in Palawan, but Puerto has its charm and is worth spending a day or two. We wanted to take a break from flying and traveling and decided to stay in Puerto for a few days before heading to El Nido. La Charica Inn was what we expected for the price and was a great place to take a break from traveling. It is a "value" hotel located just off the beaten path but not far from anything. The hotel staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and there is free WiFi (although somewhat slow and intermittent). For the price I think that's all you can ask for.
We appreciated them writing our names on the welcome board upon arrival. We liked the "welcome drink" even if it was just Tang (it's the thought that counts). Breakfast is simple but they aren't charging you extra for this. We bought some fruit and our own coffee from the market and the kitchen staff was happy to cut up our papaya and let us grab extra hot water for additional coffee so that we had a more balanced breakfast to start our day.
I think the location is great as it is very accessible to the airport but only a 10-15min walk from the main strip of restaurants and the city center.
Its a simple hotel and is priced accordingly. We would stay here again and for us it didn't make sense to pay more (the next step up is a lot more expensive) for a hotel in Puerto. This is exactly what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Charica Inn and Suites is a four-storey hotel that is conveniently located in uptown city, 5 minutes away from the airport, 2 minutes away to the NCCC Mall, SM Mall & other commercial establishments. Our physical structure is artistically constructed highlighting Filipino and Palaweno culture, with its unique interior lobby as a contemporary work of art using stone murals, inspired and conceptualized by the owner herself. It is tucked in a quiet and peaceful vicinity, making our guests’stay awe-inspiring and relaxing, a perfect base for business or leisure. Our staff also arrange your tours, corporate or private events, catering needs, offering our promptly personalized services to ensure your high satisfaction. We also have function halls equipped with complete audio-visual facilities. La Chari’ca Garden Restaurant offers a beautiful place for relaxation, great place to have a quiet breakfast or afternoon coffee or hang out at night with peers and family. The diverse categories of our well conceptualized air-conditioned guest rooms and suites do ensure to meet diverse guests' customized accommodation needs and planned budget. Thus, making La Charica Inn and Suites the ideal choice for travelling businessmen, families on holiday vacation, bonding couples and honeymooners, and big groups as well. We hope to be of great service to you at La Charica! Thank you for choosing us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your La Charica Inn And Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Charica Hotel Puerto Princesa
- La Charica Inn And Suites Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa