“Great Kinilaw”

Taverna Luna
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I ordered their chicken inasal which was average by my standards, flavour and presentation-wise. they could probably time their cooking to make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked. Their
Kinilaw na Tanguige was very good and fresh.

Service was very good, probably since I got there quite early and the place wasn't packed yet. A waiter was assigned just for me.

For those who want to watch the show: It doesnt start till 9PM.

Overall, it fell short of my expectations for holding the number one slot.... but must admit, their kinilaw was really fresh.

1  Thank Clandestinymph

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We decided to eat dinner at Taverna Luna based on Tripadvisor recommendations. Place was cozy, but we had to change seats because the couch did not smell good for my hubby. We ordered the chicken inasal. It was good, but not really as tasty as JT's inasal. It also took long to serve --- probably because it was grilled.
I ordered fresh calamansi shake and hubby ordered fresh mango shake. And of course, service was great! The head waiter kept on picking up the napkins we used to soak up the "shake sweat", and knew when the right time was to ask how we were. This may also be because it was not yet the peak hour and there were 1 or 2 customers aside from us. Kudos to the service!
Value for money: ok. Not budget dining, and not fine dining. It was reasonable.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We went for dinner at Taverna Luna last night and we were impressed. The service is very welcoming, the food was delicious - it was quite empty when we arrived for dinner at around 8ish but picked up a lot later in the night when the band was on and seemed to be a local hang out for a few drinks at the end of the night. Our plan was to eat and leave as we were exhausted from our daily activities but as soon as the band started playing I knew we wouldn't be leaving for a while and we ended up staying pretty much till the end (well until I couldn't keep my eyes open much longer) as the band is excellent and will take upon most of the request they receive and do magic with it. I recommend this restaurant if your after reasonably priced food that is delicious along with a night of entertainment. ENJOY!

1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Went there tonight with my girlfriend for or first meal in the Philippines, apart from airport food. I'm gonna leave it short and simple, it was not good.

We both ordered the fish & chips, because it was recommended in other reviews. What was served reminded me not of fish, but of a bootsole served with fries made from sweet potatoes. I guess if you like sweetpotatoes as fries they would be okay. The worst part here was the fish. It was hard as a brick and was like eating a microwaved bootsole. I have had nothing to eat today so I was up for anything but I could not eat more than a third, it was so bad.

The service was great and the staff where at least very friendly.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

kansi is also one of my favorite comfort foods and they make it perfectly well.

1  Thank ChristineSD_11