“In a word... underwhelming”
Review of Firefly Watching

Firefly Watching
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.99*
and up
Firefly Watching in Puerto Princesa
More attraction details
Owner description: A romantic dinner at the floating restaurant and a magical tour with Firefly.
Edmonton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“In a word... underwhelming”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I believe there are several vendors offering the firefly watching excursion. Our hotel arranged the one my partner and I experienced for 1200 pesos per person (including a "seafood buffet") in January 2014.

When we were considering excursions to purchase, we were enticed by representations that the red light cupped in the hand of our guide would "attract" the fireflies. Alas, such was not the case. This excursion is best described as a boat ride to view a smattering of dimly lit Christmas trees. The fireflies do not envelope the boat passengers, as I had imagined. Plus, the boat does not stop to allow passengers to take a proper low-light photograph.

The "seafood buffet" served on the boat was also disappointing. The meal was very simple and portions were small and served family-style. This wouldn't have been a big deal, except it was advertised as a "seafood buffet": my expectations were not met.

Visited January 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Firefly watching Iwahag River”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If your'e into nature, it's a must see. A very short trip however the boatman made the trip a very educational one. Went a second time with my brother and his family and due to high winds, there were not so many Fireflys the 2nd time around. Dinner that goes with the package was great but small portions (I'm a big man). Overall it's good for once and done...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JayVee408
Guntur, India
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“firefly- not worth the money”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

spent almost 1675 peso per person , to see this. it was not worth the money. 3 persona can go in one boat, whereas we were 4 pax, so we had to take 2 boats, 600 pesos for each boat.

Visited December 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A romantic evening watching the stars and of course the fireflies”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Going out in the evening and enjoy the stars, the moon and the fireflies is not an everyday experience by any mean.... I enjoyed the trip, it was short, but for me was an spiritual experience, just let everything go and get in communion with nature and contemplate the sky... in the darkness of the night, and spot here and there the fireflies that dance around the mangroves.... or just watching the magic of the waters glow with the touch of my hands .... not rally great deal of fireflies, but enjoyable experience that create jobs. My tour was pre-arranged by my hotel, which offered me a very good price for the tour, dinner at the Bakers Hill and of course the accommodation. The trip in the boat itself was just over half an hour, but we had to wait as it was a good group in front of us waiting for a boat.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gustavoadolfo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing dinner, average view”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

It was fun being on a boat in the dark going slowly through the mangroves. But don't have your expectations too high in regards to the fireflies. They are spotted all over the place but nothing spectacular. The tour goes for about 30 minutes then we had to turn around and go back the same way. Got really boring after a while but like I said it is pretty cool being there at night time under the stars. The dinner was the highlight for us! On board before the tour the guides set out an array of tradition Philippino dishes including a lot of fresh seafood. We weren't expecting much so ate a snack before we went. Bad idea! Save it for the meal you won't regret it! Overall a fun experience but should be called feast at sea rather than fire fly watching!