What we loved:
- LOCATION. It's around an hour away from Puerto Princesa City. It's along the highway so you'll hear the (very few) vehicles passing by but we were usually tired from our day's activities that we barely notice the noise. We love that it is by the beach, it was very relaxing.
- ROOMS. We booked the fan rooms only but it was all we needed! The cottages were airy and spacious, just right for two persons per cottage. They did offer towels, tissue, and bath soap (no shampoo and toothpaste though, so bring your own).
- OWNERS. Miss Leonora was very warm and very malambing. It was nice talking to her. Arthur was very kind too :)
What we find 'just okay':
- SERVICE. Though she doesn't have that "trained and smart" vibe, the receptionist was pretty efficient and kind of friendly too. The other staff were okay too but I feel they're kind of awkward (for some reason) when guests are around, or maybe I'm just imagining things, lol.
- FOOD. Kind of expensive and usually took an hour to be served. But we have read that in a previous post so we were ready :D But we loved the breakfast menu and the sinigang na lapu-lapu!!! Yum!
What we didn't like:
- There was a gecko in one of the cottages that scared our two lady friends. The gecko was there the entire time we were :D It was funny, though we wish the staff helped us in driving it outside the cottage.
- We were charged P70 per liter when we hired the motorbike.
- We wish you also sell some toiletries and chips... :D
All in all, it was a great stay for us. Food was delicious, resort was clean and right in front of the beach (but the style and design is kind o outdated). We will book again here next we visit Palawan. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has eight air conditioned rooms en-suite with hot water showers. All rooms have double beds. Additional beds can be installed on request. Children under 5 years free. 5 to 12 years full. The resort also has 5 fan rooms en-suite with cold water showers. We arrange tours and are close to all the major tourist activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Leonora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Leonora Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Villa Leonora Beach Resort Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa