We stayed here for 5 days last November 2012 because of its good reviews here at TripAdvisor. The rates are very affordable yet good value. Never had any problems with the booking via email. Upon arrival at the airport, the staff was holding out a banner with my name on it and we rode the van going to the B&B. I was surprised that the B&B was literally close to the airport. Like a 3-5 mins walk should do. You can even hear the airport announcement when outside the room. Don't worry though its very quiet once your in the room.
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating especially Tita Ched and her daughter Kristin. They even gave us tips and suggested us places to see and to eat. Breakfast is delicious with good garden ambiance. Location is very convenient too, it was just a walking distance to the city, close to good restaurants like Ka Lui's, Kinabuch's and Badjao Seafood Restaurant.
The rooms were clean and spacious. Different from what I expected. I think they even let us stay in a triple sharing room even though we paid for a double room only because the room was too big and there was even an extra bed with no mattress near the door and we only used that for putting our things on.
Overall, our trip to Puerto Princesa Palawan was a blast! We are very satisfied. Tita Ched and her daughter Kristin took care of our tours too with discounts so there was no hassle. Only pure relaxation. I would recommend this place to stay in Puerto Princesa. It feels like home :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MERCEDES' Bed & Breakfast is a pension house located just a few steps away from the airport of Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. Our eclectic guesthouse offers a Mediterranean ambiance with a touch of indigenous design surrounded by an array of trees and greenery.Mercedes offers a warm welcome to her place, where a guaranteed spacious room with comfortable bed and a mouth watering breakfast of fresh, locally sourced meal awaits you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mercedes Bed And Breakfast
- Mercedes Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Mercedes Bed & Breakfast Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa