I stayed at Mercedes for a total of 3 nights - using the B&B as a base to do the Honda Bay tour and to stay over en-route to El Nido.
The a staff at Mercedes are absolutely superb - they offered to help wherever possible (reconfirming tours and transport, going to the shops to buy snacks at night, offering to drive us the 200m to the import so we wouldn't have to carry our bags).
The rooms are adequate - for the price charged it's good value for money (clean, but bathrooms look a little bit old).
The location is brilliant, just a 200m walk from the airport - the staff met us at the airport, but it's so close we could have found the hotel ourselves.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Mercedes if you're using Puero Princesa as a stop over befor moving on to El Nido and you want clean, basic accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MERCEDES' Bed & Breakfast is a pension house located just a few steps away from the airport of Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. Our eclectic guesthouse offers a Mediterranean ambiance with a touch of indigenous design surrounded by an array of trees and greenery.Mercedes offers a warm welcome to her place, where a guaranteed spacious room with comfortable bed and a mouth watering breakfast of fresh, locally sourced meal awaits you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mercedes Bed And Breakfast
- Mercedes Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Mercedes Bed & Breakfast Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa