It is less than a 5 minute walk from the airport to the b&b. It was also a convenient walk to all the best restaurants. We enjoyed the Pergola Thai restaurant and La Terrasse which are within close walking distance. The room was great for the price. We did have a couple issues that make it so I won't give it 5 stars (Our room slightly flood when it rained hard). Also, the breaker blew a couple times from the aircon. The breakfast wasn't the greatest and we never really knew what we were going to get. It would have been nice to be offered the fillipino breakfast but were automatically given the western breakfast. However, for the price this place was a great choice. There was a little bit a language barrier and my husband and I found the hospitality questionable. However, the owner did speak english and arranged day trips for us. We booked 5 nights which is way too long to spend in Puerto Princesa. 2 to 3 nights is a better amount to spend there. One day to do the Honda Bay Island hopping. Which I highly recommend getting a 250pesos massage on the beach (around $5/cad). Another day to do the Underground River and stay in Sabang. Our biggest regret was not staying in Sabang for a night or two. It was beautiful and peaceful there. If you are in Puerto Princesa for a few extra nights the prison is a worth a visit and makes for a good story. The absolute highlight of our trip was renting a motorbike and going to Nagtabon beach. It's not on the list of tourist attractions and only discovered by reading on the internet. It was a bit of an adventure getting there as there is a stretch of unpaved very rocky road. The whole journey maybe took 1hr from Puerto. However, once you get there it is one of the most beautiful undeveloped beaches. We literally had the beach all to ourselves and the water was crystal clear. Anyways, Mercedes B&B will meet all your needs and the price it great. Around $20/cad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MERCEDES' Bed & Breakfast is a pension house located just a few steps away from the airport of Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. Our eclectic guesthouse offers a Mediterranean ambiance with a touch of indigenous design surrounded by an array of trees and greenery.Mercedes offers a warm welcome to her place, where a guaranteed spacious room with comfortable bed and a mouth watering breakfast of fresh, locally sourced meal awaits you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mercedes Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Mercedes Bed And Breakfast
- Mercedes Bed & Breakfast Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa