Didn't get off to a great start after being put into a room that was NOT the room type we had booked and paid for.
Had purposely booked a twin room after researching options and availability and were shoved in a room at the end with one bed and a small cramped mattress on the floor! maybe ok for a child, but not at all comfortable for an adult, and annoying when had booked a room with TWO beds. Reception then tried to tell us they did not have rooms in the hotel with two beds at all??? (despite all the websites showing photos of such, and a “twin” room being an available booking option online)
This combined with a large number of mosquitoes in the room (which to their credit, the staff did promptly come and offer a tin of bug spray) and plumbing issue that meant you could neither get any shower pressure or even flush the toilet didn't really improve our outlook on things.
Granted, the area is very nice at night when all lit up, however couldn't help but get the feeling it was all about generating revenue and that it was relying solely on the “quirk” factor which to be honest, wasn't really enough to make it worth it.
Considering we stayed in two other properties in the same area which where far nicer at a lesser cost (and provided the room type and bedding as was booked) in hindsight it would have been nicer to spend more time at one of these places rather than wasting our time here.
Hotel Restaurant is also overpriced and the food is pretty bland and average, unfortunate unless you plan on getting a trike into town. Considering the price, it was also the only hotel on our trip that did not include some for of free breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well appointed 34 rooms with all modern equipment, 1.2 km from the airport. Fully air conditioned rooms with mini refrigerator, toiletries, ceiling fan, flat screen TV, mini bar, hot and cold water, wine cellar, bar. International cuisine restaurant, indoor and outdoor-pool, bar-swimming pool & garden Jacuzzi, billiards and dart room. Free parking area. Deep Forest Garden Hotel is very unique as a concept and takes pride in customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Deep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deep Forest Garden Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Deep Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa