“A pleasant surprise with excellent personalized service and a great wine bar!”
Review of Deep

Deep
Ranked #22 of 195 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to see and experience this jewel in Puerto Princesa. The service is superb and personalized and the staff are very friendly. The owner is a good guy and is always around to make sure that things are at its best. The swimming pool is very conveniently located in the middle of all the rooms. The biggest surprise was the wine bar - I did not expect to see that in Puerto Princesa! Since I love beer and wine - I was very happy! Check out the pics I shared.

Room Tip: Go for the King Room.
1  Thank Sonny H
There are newer reviews for Deep

Reviewed April 24, 2011

The hotel is relaxingly peaceful and has a great staff!!! The facilities are well maintained and the surrounding greenery are just wonderful. Me and my kids really enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi. The staff are very friendly specially Ms. Ligaya who was so cheerful and accomodating. The stay is worthwhile and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: The Corner Room 9 and Dorm for large group
1  Thank jocenjag
Reviewed April 20, 2011

A warmth welcome graces the family as we arrived. Onto the Inn beautiful smile greeted us. The place speaks for itself. The personnel were very accommodating. The food is great. The coffee is unlimited, hahahaha.... The pool and the jacuzzi is very very nice.
Consider Deep Forest Garden Inn, a place to stay in Palawan. You will not regret staying here.... :-)

1  Thank ikak
Reviewed April 17, 2011

we stayed at deep forest garden inn for two days and one night to go to sabang for our underground river tour... our room was the "barkadan room" because there's ten of us... our room was very clean, with flat screen tv, with two washroom one for men and one for women... the whole place was awesome.... the surroundings was excellent.... there's a swimming pool in the center of the place... and their restaurant was superb.... we went back to deep garden on our way back from el nido and even if it was late at night when we arrive, around 9:00 pm, they still accepted us and serve us dinner in their restaurant... their staff in their restaurant were just excellent... if there's one minor incident that i could comment on during our stay is that, in one of our dinner night, there's this foreigner who actually smoke in the restaurant.... i don't remember seeing a no smoking sign... but it'll be nice it it's a no smoking restaurant....other than that, it was one place in puerto princesa that you would want to stay... i wish we could have stayed there longer....

Room Tip: any room in deep gaden is an excellent choice
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank fongkeko
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Deep Forest was a pleasant surprise. Pool is great. No regrets at all. We highly recommend it to our friends.

1  Thank Maya051
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We chose this Inn because of the good reviews only to be disappointed when we got there.

First is the decor. As much as I would like to support local craftspeople, management should know when to stop putting up so much wood carvings. Even the rooms look overly designed. There's a wooden carving in all rooms on the bed's headrest that you can't even place your pillow on it to rest comfortably. The sink is overwhelmingly big in the shape of a shell. It's something I just didn't appreciate personally. Also, the faucet has a funny taste each time I brush my teeth.

The bed is comfortable and so are the pillows. Although, it felt as though there might be bed bugs that come out at night. In my first night, when I was about to fall asleep, my legs suddenly felt itchy as if something is biting my legs under the sheets. Upon asking our other companions, one had a similar experience. I didn't experience this on our 2nd night or maybe my massage was just so good I didn't have trouble falling asleep then.

On the upside though, their meals are quite filling (they have big servings) and their pool is really nice and well-maintained. Their jacuzzi is lovely and it's interesting to dive and look at some statues placed in the pool. Their welcome drinks are also nice and perfect for the location. Their bathrooms are very clean and the water pressure is good. Their water heating system works fine and this is a major plus for me as this is the usual problem I encounter when staying someplace. Towels and pillow requests are also promptly addressed. The hotel also has a back-up power supply so you don't have to worry about losing electricity in the middle of the night. Each room is spacious and has LCDs and good working ACs.

The main reason why I wouldn't consider going back and the most disappointing during our stay is the efficiency of the staff. There seems to be a breakdown of communication between them. They booked us at a different restaurant we intended to go without telling us and upon reaching the restaurant, it turned out to be a coffee shop! And to think that we confirmed our booking the afternoon of the same day only to be told that they cannot accommodate us because there was a private function. When we asked if they can refund the meals we had since we were not able to consume it in the coffee shop they re-booked us to, we were told that it's not possible since they already ordered for us.

Props to the hotel manager, though (Ms. Irene) as I recall she helped us try to refund our money (which we eventually got back) and she did everything to make things right for us. I can say she went an extra mile of service and because of this I give her two thumbs up. For the rest of the staff, I think management should consider re-training them to avoid future disappointments from guests like us.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ykn0tt
Reviewed April 4, 2011

the last time me and my friend stay at deep forest was first week of december 2010, i must say all the staff esp. the manager MR. ALVIN always gave their guest "a service with a smile", a true filipino hospitality, excellent resort, nice place, true enough a forest within the city of palawan, make a special request during your stay in puerto princesa, palawan their, very witty, funny tour guide MR. BERLIN MONTEMAYOR you will learn a lot from him, about puerto princesa, palawan. and the most important thing is through the help of MR. BERLIN i overcome my height fear, when he encourage me to climb and reach to the top of UGONG ROCK, try it when you're in puerto princesa. Again, guys of Deep Forest see u this coming May 20-23, 2011 for our second trip to Puerto Princesa. Our official resort none other than of course...DEEP FOREST GARDEN INN. Thank You!!!!

BYRON