“Wonderful Pensionne”

Ranked #39 of 188 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Pensionne”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very nice pensionne. Friendly staff. Driver picked us up at the airport and drove us back at the end of our stay. Organized a tour to the Underground River for us. Provided welcome drink and gifts upon arrival and departure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tbwong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed May 9, 2011

If you plan to visit puerto princesa, you should go to raq pensionne, super cheap, nice people like Shayne and Ate Doris :) all tours has souvenir items, foods for bfast, miryenda are included!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank brunski7
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed for a few nights and booked a package through RAQ. Everyone in the hotel was exceptionally kind and helpful, and it made the experience unforgettable. I fell in love with the children who live there, and it made the experience feel more like staying at someone's home than in a hotel, adding a personal charm. We stayed during Chinese New Year, and the people at the desk were helpful in finding us accommodations in Port Barton and assisting us with all of our travel needs. The island hopping tour was amazing, and we were able to take a free yoga class during our stay. RAQ really made our trip memorable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kaydily
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We were staying at RAQ pensionne for our Puerto Princessa tour (city tour, honda bay, and underground river) and also after our El Nido tour finished (waiting for the flight back to Manila the next day).

The hotel staffs were very friendly. They told us how to get the tricycle (including its fare system), best place in town to get your meal, nice spot in the city to check out during our free time. They also very helpful in scheduling our tours (pick up time, reminder for tomorrow's itenary, morning call) even though they don't organize the tour. They also help us a lot in reserving place in Kalui restaurant (including our free transport to go there), which we are very grateful for it since the restaurant was the best in the city and there's a lot of queue just to get in into the place.

The hotel room is very spacey, with air conditioner, bathroom with hot water attached, TV with a lot of channels (I like to watch discovery/national geo channel after full day tour). The dining room is just outside, shared with other rooms, along with water dispenser. One of the room where we stayed had a noisy air conditioner, and the water heater's temperature cannot be controlled, but it's good enough for us.

The hotel's restaurant had the best 'longsilog' for breakfast and ice lemon tea that I know so far in Puerto Princessa and El Nido.

The hotel location is quite near to the city center (around 20mins walk), and very quite. But it's quite dark outside (no street light) after the night come (which should be fine, since Puerto Princessa is known for its low crime rate). Minimarket with drug store is just few minutes walk to the south.

I like it much for the staff, who makes us very comfortable staying there. For the future, I think upgrading the water heater / air conditioner would be very nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kunilkuda
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Location –it’s near the airport, bars and restaurants. I had the chance to do my jogging routine because it’s just minutes away from the Baywalk. Feel – I always felt special having first a welcome drink plus souvenir on day one and a variety of souvenirs that surprises me on the succeeding days. It was like you receive gifts everyday of your stay. Room – it was quiet, comforting and fair price for the accommodation we availed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pompouspompo
Biella
Reviewed February 12, 2011

It was one the most welcoming places of my trip to Palawan.
Staff and owners are really lovely and they do all their best to make you feel at best.
Really stunning availability and friendliness.
A place where you will feel like at home. They lead us back to airport and also provided accomodations when they were full as we arrived one day in advance.
Definitively if I will go again to Palawan I will return here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bungaku
Makati CIty
Reviewed January 6, 2011

RAQ's Pensionne in Puerto Princessa has always been a second home to me. I stayed there for more than a year while working as Area Manager- 5 days every month. At first I thought, it is just a place where i can rest and lie down my tired back after a day's work..but eventually as days go by I begin to appreciate their homey environment, friendly and accomodating staff, very respectful...i love the simplicity of the decors esp the hanging work of art on the walls, the early morning breakfast outside the room overlooking the greeneries of Palawan, the great tasting "lamayo" which I never grow tired ordering every breakfast- wow! the personal services rendered by the owner, a young couple Mae and Steph, and a smile from their pretty daughter, Tiffy.

The only thing that made me stay there in my more than a year stint as Area MAnager for Palawan is the honesty of their staff, I've been leaving my jewelries, sometimes money, and my laptop in my room, and haven't experience any incident of lost, or similar stories like that. IT IS LIKE A HOME. the atmosphere and the friendly staff around, you will never be homesick while enjoying the feel of the forest inside the City...not to mention expploring the beauty of nature in Palawan...there is no right place to rest after sight seeing than RAQ's Pensionne. I am really proud to recommend this pension house, the simplicity of the place is JUST PERFECT!

Elle O. Fernandez, RN

#186 of 352 in Palawan Island
Audissie
Audissie
#131 of 188 in Puerto Princesa
J-Lais Balai Turista (Pensionne House)
J-Lais Balai Turista (Pensionne ...
#125 of 188 in Puerto Princesa
Grace Park Tourist Inn
Grace Park Tourist Inn
#93 of 188 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Raq Pensionne? Share your experiences!