“Majorly overpriced and standard food”
Review of Kalui Restaurant

Kalui Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I took my friends there and were bitterly disappointed. Yes the place is lovely but the food is massively overpriced and flavorless, few choice on Menu. We did not return.

There are newer reviews for Kalui Restaurant

Reviewed February 14, 2014

All tourist van and tricycles drive you there but this is an expensive trap!!! Nice place but terrible meal. On arrival nobody seemed interested in serving us. Waitresses just walking right pass us. Tiny portions, unflavored food. Not what was expected at all. I don't understand the good reviews.

2  Thank John d
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was with my parents when I visited PP and this restaurant seems very famous but you will need a reservation. No too many options to choose from the menu which is a good thing for me. The ambiance is perfect and staff hospitable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Knowing that you do not get in without reservation, we asked our hotel to book for diner. This restaurant "offers" 3 options - 6.30 pm, 8.30 pm or 9.30 pm. We decided to go at 8.30 pm.
The welcome was nice and the decor amazing. We had a mixed platter for 2 which came within seconds after ordering it. This speed is suspicious, normally freshly prepared dishes take some time even when it is fish. The tuna was overcooked, the prawns ok, the only great side was the sea weed. We both had wine (white for me and red for my friend) the white wine was actually yellow and awful and the red not better. My overall impression is that this is a tourist trap. Will certainly not return there on my next trip to Puerto Princessa.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was at their door for dinner with my pinoy girlfriend and a friend of hers. Dressed as a tourist in my slippers and t-shirt. Was denied entry as the house was "full" whilst I could see clearly from the door it was empty at the time (still early for dinner). A passerby brit couple after a couple of minutes was admitted almost immediately after they told me they were full. Some locals hinted at me they are not fond at having pinoys inside. I left with my wallet to another restaurant, where I ordered entrees, meals and desserts for 3. I will have to go everywhere with locals and sleepers to weed out idiots who have the luxury to be picky with the people who pays them their salaries.