Ways to Experience Immaculate Conception Cathedral
from $9.90
More Info
from $328.50
More Info
All reviews plaza cuartel city tour nice church rizal avenue solemn place stained glass windows mass architecture catholic pray facade worship palawan filipino
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I felt cheated on this tour since the guide we got just told us it's the blue church of Palawan. Get a certified tour guide who can fully educate you on Palawan's history.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

It's always pleasing to visit churches that are well respected and maintained, no matter the age. The church is the center piece for many of the locals daily activities, ranging from worshiping to outdoor basketball to small group after school study sessions.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This church is very beautiful. The spires and flying buttresses do take you away. The interior was amazing. I wanted to take a lot of pictures, but there were people praying and I thought it might be improper and disrespectful. Very historic too since it is the location of the first Roman Catholic mass that was held in Palawan. It is situated across the road from the Plaza Cuartel. Both are definitely worth a visit!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stumbled across this. Is a huge church and very pretty inside. You can combine this with the war memorial next door and can use a jeepney to get you part of the way there or just walk.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Unless you are of this faith or a enthusiastic about architecture, this site is best viewed while partaking in the city tour. The church is lovely inside and out. I definitely took pictures to capture the beauty and the culture of the Philippines.

Yet, I must admit that I would not have been impressed if I had visited this site on my own. The weather in Puerto Princesa is humid and hot, so standing out front sweaty and sticky I may have missed the beauty. As part of a city tour in an air conditioned van, the location was impressive. If you still decide to visit on your own Plaza Cuartel is across the street. This is a significant war memorial.

Date of experience: September 2013