“Horrible Experience - STAY AWAY!”
Review of A&A Plaza Hotel

A&A Plaza Hotel
Ranked #49 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Palawan. I don't even know where to begin. The first night was okay, however, the first impression is horrible just walking in. Outside doesn't look clean, inside doesn't look clean. Staff is ok...entire hotel was dingy looking and the lighting makes it look like you're in some kind of hostel. They only give you one room key, and to turn on the electricity you have to put the key in a little slot. VERY INCONVENIENT. Why even put a mini fridge in the room if it's just going to shut off if I leave? The next day, we had to switch rooms because the bathroom of one of our rooms started to smell like cigarettes. This is a non smoking hotel, and sure some people are going to break the rules but is your ventilation really THAT weak? To switch rooms was a major pain and they were not friendly. When my aunt told them that it smelt like cigarette smoke, the front desk guy said that it was probably dry ice from the ballroom upstairs. DRY ICE? Are you kidding me, how dumb do you think we are? They finally found us new rooms, and that's when we realized that the "DELUXE" rooms they put us in for the first night, had to be the worst of the worst. The new rooms weren't much nicer but we could live with it -- so I thought. These new rooms had ROACHES in the showers. P.S. -- The showers don't have tubs and the floor is just completely flat so when you take a shower, no matter how careful you are, the entire floor is just soaked. It's like a bad gym. It doesn't end there, the AC was dripping cold water on me the entire night and the Wifi connection doesn't exist. This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had and I've stayed at motels that look like it's out of a horror movie.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Janelle A
There are newer reviews for A&A Plaza Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2014

For the price I paid, I got more than what I expected. From the airport shuttle, breakfast buffet and costumer service. I would like to especially thank Faith in front desk for trying to book us for underground tour, which was canceled for two days because of heavy waves.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again when I go back to Palawan.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Divina A
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here for an event and the food served was similar to the ones that was served to us earlier in the day. Coffee is great. Breakfast is ok. But I think their restaurant and food part can be improved further. Appreciate though that wifi reaches the room.

Room Tip: I think 2nd floor is better if you want wifi reach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank janettetoral
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Shouldn't be the first choice if your looking for the "Palawan experience" (i.e. the Philippines Last Frontier). It's located in the middle of a busy city intersection so if your looking for the sea and the jungle you're in the wrong spot. On the plus side the staff is friendly and very helpful (ask for Junie,Rizza or Pepito the driver). Another plus is they have a good Chinese restaurant in the premises. Otherwise its just your basic hotel.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view or the amenities of a luxury hotel. This is a basic city hotel. Think Best W...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nolanPhilippines
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I work at the hotel here in Australia, recently I went back to my country (Philippines) and we decided to go to Palawan and we stayed at A&A Plaza Hotel, We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights, it was great very nice and affordable, The staffs are so nice very friendly, I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank melanie_0726
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We got the Lovers Leisure Package which was 4Days/3Nights (for 2pax) and I have to say that it was the Best Decision we made. Practically everything was included in the package (almost all meals and tours), we only had to spend for drinks and pasalubong shopping. They arranged for us to dine in the most popular restos (Badjao Seafood, KaLui and Kinabutchs). The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant...was booked in a big room with almost all the amenities you'll need. Thanks so much AA Plaza Hotel...Awesome!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ChrisDiver90
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days/3 nights. Location is great. Very near the airport, pasalubong centers and restaurants. Clean hotel. They clean the room everyday and replaces your Mineral water everyday. Value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family