A&A Plaza Hotel
$139
  • Breakfast included
Ipil Suites Puerto Princesa(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
$34
$31
$57
$39
Hotel Centro(Puerto Princesa)
$93
$46
  • Breakfast included
Aziza Paradise Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
$109
Hotels.com
$162
$153
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbuffet breakfastsouvenir shopsround trip airport transfersconventionbanksthumbs
Reviewed March 3, 2013

When we arrived at the airport the pickup van wasn't there and we had to call them and wait. We waited for about 25 minutes before our pickup There were many tricycles offering rides for P80 but we held out for the hotel pickup. The driver said there was some sort of miscommunication and was apologetic and nice. The driver carried our bags up to the hotel room (of course), so we felt obligated to give a small tip even though we were unhappy with having to wait.

When we got inside the room we were very impressed. The bed was actually comfortable, which was a shocker for us. We're used to those plywood beds with cardboard pillows so it was a very nice surprise to have a big soft comfortable bed with large fluffy pillows and a surprisingly fluffy comforter. The room was huge and the aircon worked well. The room was very clean and modern. The cr was modern and western styled with hot/cold water and the shower separate from the toilet. The toilet was clean and had a seat and a flush button, which is always a relief to an American. The ref was small but did it's job. The cable tv connection went out the second day briefly, but a call to the front desk had the signal restored within a half hour, with an explanation that the cable company was experiencing power interruption. The cable channels were good. I watched some NBA basketball, History channel, and my wife watched her favorite tagalog language programming.

We scheduled the underground river, island hopping, and city tour. This seems to be pretty much the standard for everyone that goes here. We were told that the van would pick us up for the underground river at 7am, but they were there at 630am pressuring us to hurry and leave. That wasn't appreciated. The breakfast buffet starts at 6am so it didn't give us anytime to eat. Luckily the hotel staff offered to pack some breakfast food up for us so we could take it with us. That was very nice and we were able to eat in the van on the way to the underground river. The ride there is about 2 hours, but it's a very enjoyable and scenic ride. I enjoyed the ride very much, and we stopped at the halfway point at a strategically located souvenir stand. My wife used the cr there and she said it was very clean and usable. Once we got to the departure area for the underground river we had to wait for 3 hours before it was our turn to get on the boat. We spent that time walking around and talking to the drunk boatmen. Once we finally got on the boat the experience was very nice. The underground river tour is short and involves more waiting, but it's really an awe inspiring place, so beautiful. The tourguide's crude humor was annoying to me and detracted from the experience, but otherwise it was good.

On day two it was the Honda bay island hopping. First stop is the gear rental place where you'll drop some unanticipated pesos on snorkel gear rental. The ride is very short to the bay. Lots of aggressive vendors at the boat launch so be prepared to deal with them. Mostly necklaces and rosaries at very high prices. From here they boat you over to a few islands and allow you time to snorkel, swim, etc. The last island has a small buffet, but the food wasn't very good. My wife enjoyed the island hopping a lot more than me. There was little place to escape from the very hot midday sun over an 8 hour period. Bring all of your sun protection tools, you'll need them.

The city tour was very enjoyable. The tour guide was pleasant and the ride around the city was interesting. They take you to a site where American soldiers were killed, a cool church, Baker's hill where they give you a snack and you can buy food, the crocodile farm where you can hold a baby croc, and some sort of farm where there's an awesome view of the bay. We were dropped off at the hotel just in time to shower, pack, and get to the airport.

While packing we realized that we were probably going to be overweight with our bags. The hotel staff found us a scale and helped us to rearrange our luggage so we would meet the weight requirements and not have to pay an overweight fee at the airport. They were very helpful to us at all times during our stay. I really enjoyed how we were treated by the hotel staff the entire trip. We were promptly dropped off at the airport with plenty of time for our flight.

A&A is a perfect place to stay, and tremendous value for your money. I was sad to have to go home and I would definitely stay there any time.

Room Tip: get the superior room, we stayed in 333 and it had a nice view, we stayed feb 28 to march 3
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bron C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel ia situated at the center of the city, surrounded with tricycle-away (even walking distance) restaurants, banks, stores and souvenir shops. Buffet breakfast is splendid, I enjoyed their tocino, adobo and the cereals with lots of add ons. Rooms are clean and spacious enough for two people. The service/tour vans are always on time to pick us up. Everyone is very friendly, and its one of the safest places to walk upon the streets even on late at night.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went to A&A Plaza Hotel for a wedding. They have a good service and rooms are clean and well-maintained. The staffs are also accommodating and the food served were great. They usually have buffet breakfast at MJ's Cafe Bar and a replica of the Underground River, where you can take pictures. We also played Xbox/Kinect in the hotel. Other services offered are videoke and massage. I also found pictures of celebrities and pageants held in the hotel on their Facebook account. This is a recommendable and affordable place to stay while exploring Palawan. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Shiela O
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were booked (11pax) by our travel agent in Manila as early as July, 2012 through Lucky Juan travel agency at A&A Hotel. Our travel was scheduled December 27-30, 2012. Our itinerary then would be City tour on the 1st day and Underground River on the second day. We were advised by our travel agency in Manila that our Underground River schedule will be moved to December 30,2012 which will be our last day at Palawan and will be flying out that day also at about 5:20 pm. We asked the front desk of A&A Plaza Hotel if we could do the late check out on December 30, 2012 because we could go back at the hotel at around 2:30pm because of the travel time from the hotel to underground river. The front desk officer advised us to check out earlier since our rooms were reserved for other guests and we could leave our bags at the concierge area of the hotel and told us it is safe leaving our bags in that area. We checked out at 7:00am. and the staff on duty at the concierge area received our 15 bags. From Underground River were back at the hotel at 2:24pm., got our bags at the concierge area. While waiting at the lobby, my nephew opened his bag because he wanted to change his shirt. He noticed that his IPOD 4thG was missing. I told him that maybe he left it in the room but insisted he put the IPOD in his bag. I asked the front desk officer to call the housekeeping about the lost IPOD to double check but said they did not find anything. When we were at the airport, my nephew then discovered that his watch was also missing. We immediately called the front desk to inform them that it's not only the IPOD that was stolen but also the watch. I asked them to check the CCTV; and we also informed our travel agent in Manila, who then called Ms Ociel of Lucky Juan and was informed that CCTV was being reviewed. My sister and I decided to go back to the hotel at 4:00pm to personally complain, and were told by Paul Christian Lamban that we will be advised of any result of an investigation that will be conducted. We asked to review the CCTV but were informed that the IT person is being called to come to the hotel which is already in conflict with the statement of Ms. Ociel and Mr. Lamban. Then when we were back at the airport, another nephew saw that his bag was slashed from the inside zippered pocket.(this bag was locked) and I also immediately called the matter to the front desk. Every now and then we called the front desk officer to ask for an update of the said investigation and we were told that they found nothing wrong at the CCTV and their staff were honest and trusted and it was our fault that we did not inform them immediately about the bag and the lost items. I told the manager that we inform the front desk once we found out that item were stolen from our bag.. The guy who received our bags disappeared and the hotel staff did not bother to call and ask him about our bags It seems they're trying to put the blame on us and we're responsible for our items being stolen right inside the hotel's premises.

We will be pursuing this matter and report to the Mayor's office and Puerto Princesa's tourism dept

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Juan D
Reviewed November 20, 2012

picked the place since it looked nice from the pictures and reviews. The place was not as nice looking inside, but it was sufficient for a place to rest before heading to my destination.

Airport pickup was quick. I had to just tell the driver holding the A&A sign that I was heading there.
Once arrived, my name was on a welcome board, so I knew I was in the correct place.

Check in was smooth. Room was small, but had plenty of space. Bath room was standard toilet, shower and sink. Room AC kept the room cold. There were a few family activities going on in the hotel when I was there.

I arrived to late to have dinner up on the roof top deck, but I heard it is nice. I ate in the restaurant next to the check in. Food took a while, but was plenty for the price.
Breakfast buffet was small, but the hotel went above and beyond to make something that
fit my dietary restrictions.

There seemed to be many tour, travel, and associated businesses in the same complex. I did not have the chance to try them.

I did have to pay a deposit fee, which was promptly returned on check out (due to doing a prepaid certificate stay). Check out was smooth also.

This hotel seems popular with the locals.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends