“Good Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Dangkalan Beach Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 195 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2010

First of all let me just say 'thank you soo much' to Cheryl and Kuya King. These special 2 people really made our stay there worthwhile. Cheryl was very patient with me and kuya king will drive you anytime and of course will pick you up anytime (reasonable time of course). Don't expect a grand place but for the money you pay, it was good value. if you are maarte and the type to complain a lot, i suggest you go some place else. my husband and i have stayed in nicer and expensive hotels but i consider this place relaxing and they just leave you alone until you need them. some people would say this place is basic, which it is, but the room was clean and water hot. AC is really good as i need a strong AC. we missed out on their pool as it was not done yet when we stayed there and the 'beach' view was nice but we didn't swim there though. before i went ahead with the booking, i read the reviews of this place and am glad we were not disappointed!!!! if and when we visit Puerto Princesa again, we won't hesitate to stay there again for sure!!!! again, thanks for the hospitality!!!! don't forget to visit the croc farm and Iwahig.......i have not added any photos as we just arrived from PP yesterday.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dangkalan Beach Resort and Restaurant

Reviewed June 28, 2010

this place gives you a time to relax and feel that you're really on a vacation..away from the the busy place of Makati...this place gives you a sweet serenity...ill give a perfect score for the very accomodating people especially "mam sheryl" who's very "maasikaso" in every details of our activities and tours in palawan...she made our trip a memorable one because every time spent is worth it.the price of dangkalan is very reasonable and if you're tired of going outside the resort, you could just relax and swim in their pool,videoke the whole night...i wont forget the crew who did stay until 3 am just to serve us in their restaurant..thurmbs up for this place!i did recommend it to my relatives and friends...every single coin is worth it! :)

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Last June 6, 2010, it was really a long and tiring journey from manila to puerto princesa BUT when we finally arrived at DANGKALAN Resort, it was replaced by the excellent services rendered by the WELL-TRAINED, RESPECTFUL, SENSIBLE, and HELPFUL staff of the said resort.. Sheryl, Ehra, Net, Louie, Ellen, Kim, and the rest. Your one-of-a-kind treatment to your guests MAKES your place more beautiful than others.. Thanks for your almost perfect accommodation.. KUDOS to all of you!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Coming from Canada, I found Dangkalan resort on Tripdvisor in April 2010 in anticipation of my trip to Puerto Princessa, Palawan from June 3 to 6, 2010 mainly because it was a beach front resort and read the reviews at the time. I had read that the resort's general manager, Sheryl, was very attentive and accommodating - both were gross understatements.

In my humble opinion, the main reason for my positive experience at Dangkalan is a result of Sheryl's responsiveness, attention to detail and genuine empathy for her guests along with the support of the Dangkalan staff under her direction.

Firstly, I was met by a staff member holding a sign with my name on it at the Puerto Princessa Airport who transported myself and a few other guests to the resort in an air-conditioned van. Upon check-in, Sheryl took several minutes to orient me with the resort, the staff, visiting the city, types of restaurants and bars and locations and the tours I had signed up for - all with a smile.

I found the Premiere Room to be clean, comfortable, very spacious and in working order with all the features listed on their site, plus a mini fridge - nothing spectacular, but more importantly, nothing to complain about. The beds are not spring coils, but foam, futon-like and firm, however that is to be expected in this price range. Not many resorts will have spring coil mattresses.

The resort's private beach has a net around it to keep it clean and although I, personally, did not take the time to swim in it, was indeed very clean and inviting. There is a good-sized pool, restaurant, bar, dart board and billiards table all in good condition. Each morning, in the restaurant area, I had a table reserved for me that had a sign with my name on it - nice touch.

I availed of some of the tours available through Dangkalan's "tie-ups" with tour operators on the island - the City Tour, Underground River Tour and Honda Bay/Island Hopping Tour. As a solo traveller, I ended up meeting a few of the same people (from other resorts) on these tours and we all agreed that the tours were well-run and also had positive experiences. Sheryl was meticulous with reminding me of the pick up times for each tour.

It seems the most popular time of week to visit Puerto Princessa is Thursday to Sunday - flights seem to be cheapest.

With Sheryl at the helm, I highly recommend Dangkalan Resort for a worry-free, relaxed travel experience in Puerto Princessa, Palawan.

Bonus recommendation: If you can wake up early enough you may be fortunate enough to catch a specatular sunrise view from their beach. See http://www.flickr.com/photos/classy_cat and click on "Palawan June 2010" for tons of pics.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank roel_sarmago
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We chose this resort because it offered beachfront rooms, and it was one of the few which was not yet fully booked. As it turned out, it was only accessible through very rough roads and the beach front was not even well-maintained. The whole resort was pitch black at night, the restaurant closed at around 10pm, and breakfast was toast with hotdogs and eggs every day. Rooms were not dirty but offer very basic amenities - old furniture, old bathroom tiles, and hot shower that came in spurts. Wifi did not work from our room. These probably worked for some guests based on previous comments, but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 9, 2010

A very nice to stay. Wonderful staff, from Sheryl (the OIC), Kuya King (the resort driver), Neth (kitchen staff), and Louie (room attendant). A little bit far from the city, but no problem, Kuya King is always available to drive you to the city and back. Nice and clean swimming pool and rooms. You don't have to worry about arranging all the tours as well as restaurant reservations - Sheryl and her staff will arrange them for you. Highly recommended and you will really feel relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Ive searched this place tru internet and i must say they replied to my email fast enough. They answered promptly every questions I asked and staffs were very friendly and accomodating. They also invited us to join their christmas party but unfortunately we arrived late. They also arranged all our tours to puerto princesa. clean rooms. it is also a beachfront but its always on lowtide therefore u dont have the chance to swim...though they have a pool..their location is a bit far from the airport/city compared to other hotels...but 15-20 mins ride is enough..Even though they have a restaurant they will also recommend u to the best restaurants in town..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple