There were 8 of us travelling to Puerto Princesa. I came across Ysabelle Mansion and noticed they offered rooms that can accommodate large groups of people, instead of the usual 3-4 per room.
The place itself is not big and spacious, so don't expect to see a hotel. This is more of a resort-type house that allows for close interactions, perfect for large groups of families and friends whose intention for travel is to spend some bonding time.
Staff: Very friendly and accomodating. Like the rest of Puerto Princesa, the people in Ysabelle are the same. The modest price includes airport transfers via an airconditioned van, driven by a very nice Kuya Boyet. I had issues with the internet, had to connect immediately due to a work emergency, and the staff accommodated all my requests. While the problem did not get fixed because the outage is not just limited to their area, the gesture to help was warm and genuine.
Rooms: The room is modest, no fancy decorations and frills. No fluffy, quilted blankets, but they have the basic white sheets and white pillows that are kept clean. Airconditioning is well-maintained, TV has cable.
Toilet: Clean and modest, with the basic necessities. No fancy toiletries and the like, so bring your own. They provide clean towels. Hot water can take some time to work, but is definitely there.
Internet: Ysabelle has free Wifi, just get the passwords from the front desk. Warning though, it can be intermittent.
Breakfast: The room rates include set breakfasts for each person. They give out forms each night and you just need to fill in what meals you'd like to avail the following morning. Mostly Filipino fare, definitely filling. It was our favorite part of the day because their breakfast/common area is just right outside the rooms, and they have big tables so you can eat as a family.
Others: They can arrange tours for you. Just inquire with Jean, the Reservation Officer, even before you land in Puerto Princesa.
What we liked best: Clean, simple, relaxing
What we liked least: Wifi can be intermittent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ysabelle Mansion a place you can stay and relax like your own home. It offers deluxe and family room that can accomodate 6-8 persons with internet access. Making it ideal location for both business & leisure travellers. Located along Abad Santos Extension, Puerto Princesa City, just 5 minutes away from the airport and city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ysabelle Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ysabelle Mansion Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Ysabelle Mansion Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa