“Basic rooms, great staff and service”

Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This isn't a luxury hotel - the rooms are very basic - but the overall feeling was very friendly, the staff really couldn't do enough for you.

Good pool area, with limited shade though, and great location next to the beach - though the tide goes out a long, long way so not really suitable for swimming.

Good wifi available for 150 peso one-off payment.

Food was rather basic - breakfast buffet and menu could be improved.

Noise was the other issue -- doors and walls very thin and noisy hallways outside. Bring your ear plugs.

The hotel is a little way out of Puerto Princesa, but don't let this put you off - hotel provides a good shuttle bus service too/from town and the airport. Plus a tricycle taxi journey takes 15 mins and 150 pesos.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We highly value opinions and feedback from our guests as this allows us to constantly improve the service that we provide. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I felt love at first sight with Microtel over a year now, that is when I saw the pictures of it while browsing on different hotels in Palawan. I really want to visit this place someday, that's what I'm thinking. Luckily, my boyfriend found a promo airline ticket to Puerto Princesa this February and bought it. We stayed here for 3 days, September 30-October 2, 2013 with my brother and boyfriend. We enjoy our stay here specially me. The place is very quite that makes us more relax. The 3 of us stayed only on 1 room but to my surprise, the rooms were spacious specially the bed. The staff are exceptional and very friendly specially the staff on the front desk and at the restaurant. They had security personnel's and staff everywhere. I was simply going on a swim then a staff will look out for me. They're beds can occupy 2-3 persons (depending on the person), even the extra/additional person that will occupy the room had the same size of bed, my brother was alone with his bed so he enjoyed it to the fullest. The facilities are astounding. They have complimentary coffee and drinking water anytime in the lobby. Aside from the free shuttle to and from the airport, they also provide scheduled free shuttle service to and from the city if you want to take your lunch or dinner out or you just wanted to go somewhere in the city. They are also not strict on bringing outside food and drinks inside the hotel without any corkage fee. Likewise, they also allow you to call a fast food and make a delivery in the hotel. Aside from the great experiences staying in Microtel and exploring Puerto Princesa, Palawan, I think one of the many things I brought home was the smile of every staff. Thank you Microtel Palawan for a great experience. I was never disappointed on choosing you. Hope we can visit you again. With this, my boyfriend and I can perfectly recommend the great stay with you on our future bookings since we work on a same travel agency.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fishypie2110
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us .What make us happy the most is satisfied guests. Our aim is to always exceed guests expectations and I am happy you experienced it . Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family and I stayed in Microtel Palawan about two years ago. We got stranded in Crocodile farm because the bridge connecting the town collapsed! Anyway, Microtel staff were so kind by sending supplies to us and offering not to charge us for that night. They sent pillows, baby diapers etc.. Upon arrival, they attended to all our needs. Truly, the staff were amazing!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Rachelle H
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words. We pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding the expectations of all our guests at every opportunity. Your comments will definitely be shared with the team and I look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Staid for 4 nights. The rooms were big and nice. With a good view. White sand beach. Pool and a restaurant. A little bit from the city but they have free transport to and from the city. But the last bit of the road to the hotel is really bad. I dont understand why they didnt fix it.

Room Tip: If possible get a room on ground floor. Mayby more expensive I dont now.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 72_Niclas
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. It was nice to read that you found our hotel to be nice and relaxing. Repairs are on its way for the portion of the road towards the hotel and I do hope your nice impression of our resort will one day bring you back and stay with us again. I thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in Microtel for 5 days workshop last August. The room was nice. The view also great with white sand beach and mangrove vegetation. The food during 5 days workshop were varied and all good. Unfortunately not much entertainment in the evening so if you stay longer than 2 or 3 days bring your own entertainment equipment. It would be good if they have live music in the restaurant by the pool or maybe pool table or other games (cards or what so ever) that the guess can borrow to play in the evening.
The staff were friendly and really helpful. Overall I enjoyed my stay with microtel and really enjoy the food with local flavor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hezMaharini
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our hotel and considered it as a “hideaway”. The food here is really great; I guess you have experienced the variety of Palawan cuisines especially fresh seafood’s. Your advice for an entertainment will be looked into though we provide a free drop off and pick up at any point of the city for guests this could also give an added activity at night. I hope to welcome you back soon and once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here in July on my birthday weekend trip. I was pleased with the experience given that the options in Puerto Princessa are limited when you want a beach side resort. I went for a standard room which was good enough for a couple. Clean, 2 queen beds, aircon works fine, sheets were clean, bedding was soft & comfortable.
Being a vegetarion my food options are limited especially on a beach location, but the staff was courteous enough to accomodate my request for customized food.
Don't be surprised when you see the beach in the morning coz, it is nowhere close to what I expected from a beach side resort. It seemed more like a backwater arrangement. At nights the water levels are high so it is still better.

Shuttle service to the airport is a plus, but I would prefer someone carrying a placard with my name and not a plain piece of paper with my names written with a lead pencil.

Food: 3 Stars - Buffet breakfast is not one of the best, but ability to respond to customer needs is good
Rooms: 3.5 Stars - Met my needs

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KapsLoves2Travel

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great experience and found the room to be clean and comfortable. Regarding food options, we often customize our menu upon request especially if it is vegetarian cuisine, this is part of our service and we are more than happy to be at your request.

Tides at our beach do usually change there are times it is high in the morning and you could enjoy the beach till the mid-afternoon or the other way around, high tides at mid-afternoon till night. Regarding the airport pick this will be addressed immediately. That is not the standard which we pride ourselves with and I am very sorry that this incident has impacted your perception. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

You have to experience this at least. A night or two will do. Being away from the center of Puerto Princesa will somehow give you the chance to experience the local beach, see some mangroves and be wowed by the high tide the next morning.

The staffs are friendly. The room is clean. The bathroom already show signs of age.

The swimming pool is refreshing. The buffet breakfast is average.

A good place if you are looking for secluded place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaysantos_dot_ph
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent experience with us. We highly value views and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve our goal which is service beyond guests expectations. Thank you for your review and I look forward in welcoming you back.