What attracted me to book Microtel was the concept & look of their hotel: simple, no gimmick, classy, clean, comfy, homey, relaxed & their color theme BLUE!
I commend the Microtel staff for the great service from start to end: booking, email response, airport pick up, front desk, room service, tour booking. The hotel has water dispenser at the lobby so we get our supply there even the water baon to our tour. It also has coffee supply, nevermind if its just instant coffee, the thoughtful supply of it still gives that extra 24/7 service to the guests. Another test of the staff efficiency was when I left my digicam case in the tour van. I reported it to the frontdesk & they helped me get it back. Another extended service we received was even granting our request to reheat the food we ordered as a take way at Sheridan Hotel, how cool was that! I also appreciate the greetings from the staff you meet along the corridors, now that's filipino courtesy there, bravo! Peps also helped me print my web airport check in boarding pass, couldnt get better than that! I forgot to log out in the PC I borrowed & Peps even called me to inform me that he logged it out already. Hats off to you Peps! Simple acts but really doing the extra mile.
There is no such thing as perfection and so I do have some not so good comments...take note however that they all turned well because of again THE great hotel personnel. I did the booking by calling directly the palawan head office. Front desk told me to wait for the booking via email. I waited for 2 days so I followed via email, only then did I get an immediate response. I had several email questions & they usually respond the following day. Overall, they replied to all my queries. Another incident was when I was waiting for my turn to be assisted at the front desk because another guest was still being assisted. A group of foreigners suddenly came & I was surprised when this admin asst voluntered assistance while I stand there still unnoticed. Anyway, Peps came to the rescue & helped me right away. I shared with Peps that I felt offended by being ignored. Anyway, I came back to my room & got a call from that admin asst. She explained that she thought I was already being assisted. All's well that ends well. I appreciate the gesture but my ill feeling was instantly removed when Peps came to the 'rescue'.
I would need to comment on the food though. We ordered pork sinigang & the vegetables were not fresh. They dont serve fresh fruit juices or shakes too. Even the fish & chips sauce is canned mayo. Fresh food & drinks are what most people look forward to a vacation, non of the processed, canned products. We also ordered adobo, sadly not so tasty. 1st breakfast was not a good one either. The only food my picky hubby & son could eat in the buffet they served were eggs & corned beef. Breakfast starts 6am, we arrived 630, can you believe they run out of the corned beef already. Apart from the taste & freshness 'challenge', they have to work on the variety of food they serve. 3 straight breakfast, the danggit was always present. Just by the sight of it, Im no longer having danggit for a couple of months or so. But then again, the dining staff are so courteous & attentive. The dining place is facing the pool & the beach, very calming. All boils down to honest, courteous, helpful staff. They all made our stay in Palawan special. Plus the hotel design is really a 2 thumbs up: room, lobby, dining, every nook! To borrow my son's remark when we arrived at the hotel, "I dont like it Mama, I love it!". Kudos Microtel! Aside from Peps, a big shout out to Choi, Favs, Hazel & the rest for their warm service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have a taste of tropical bliss at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Puerto Princesa, the only international beachfront resort hotel in Puerto Princesa City. Nestled on the white sands of Emerald Beach just 25 minutes away from the city's bustling center, this hotel in Puerto Princesa, Palawan offers you an experience that is both comfortable and affordable. With tastefully designed rooms that have all the necessary amenities to make your stay enjoyable, you'll find it easy to feel right at home. Microtel Puerto Princesa stays true to the Microtel chain's international standards of quality, offering excellent service that is reasonably priced. Combined with remarkable Filipino hospitality, Microtel Puerto Princesa is truly your hotel of choice when in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelPower, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Puerto Princesa Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Microtel Inn And Suites Puerto Princesa
- Microtel By Wyndham Puerto Princesa Palawan Island