“Good and cozy place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
One Rover's Place
Ranked #150 of 182 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good and cozy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to Puerto Princesa with my friends and we stayed at this place. Our room was nice and cozy. The receptionist and crew were very friendly too. Their location is also very near the airport and good restaurants. I give One rover's place a thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JordanM765

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dasmarinas City, Cavite, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The room is nice, with a/c and restroom; breakfast served at Tio Rod's is delicious as well. The people are very accommodating and friendly. Whenever I have a request especially about our tours, they see to it that it is properly addressed. Also, the hotel's like a 5-10 minute drive from the airport. However, I find the mosquitoes at the room very alarming. Also, some rooms were being renovated when we got there so we got a not-so-nice room. And, uh-uh no generator (city-wide blackout for almost an hour for our first night).

Room Tip: second floor rooms are renovated
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenisma
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Place was ok. Don't expect much from their breakfast. Since we were out most of the time, this place is highly recommended when your first priority is price and food choice (as it is near the popular restaurants and bars). It is a short drive from the airport (3-5 minutes).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LJDS27
Davao City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is suitable for my budget. I booked the hotel with city tour and underground river. When I arrived, a friendly staff waited me at the airport. My name was posted on their welcome board so I felt happy when I first arrived. Then, I checked my room and the room is very spacious. I thought it would be a dorm type but it is not, It is single bed but of course public bathroom. It is okay for me because the price is affordable.

First day,

I told the receptionist to change the itinerary because on my first day, it's the underground river tour but I don't have permit. So I told the receptionist to swap the schedule then she did it. She called the agency to change my itinerary.
My first tour was City tour. The personnel arrived on time.
on that day, I need to go back the the underground river office to check my 50/50 chance on getting the permit. Luckily, I got the permit. I told the staff to tell the agency about my itinerary then she immediately called the agency.
Second day,

My underground river is finally confirmed. The hotel arranged the tour for me. They also arranged my transfer to the airport.

But the things the I don't like are the following.
1. MOSQUITOES in my bedroom and comfort room

2 Thank Home M

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

Valenzuela, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Disappointing! The rooms/ reception were not properly maintained. Doors don't have double lock :( I was booked in a suite already and it's totally not worth it! Since am alone and the available suite has 2 beds, only one bed was made up. One pillow per bed only and they would charge 100 php for a pillow/night. Also, one needs to pay for hot water! how bad can it get?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AnnaP54321
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I got the package from a good friend of mine and it's really cheap and affordable. They own the place too so we stayed there. Clean rooms, they managed well how to maximize their space (We occupied three of their rooms) but one thing that I can't forget is the water. It smells and taste like rust. We're using mineral water to brush our teeth back then. But over-all, we had a good stay there because of their good quality service. People are very friendly. I also loved our free breakfast meals at Tio Rod's. (That's the resto beside that hotel and they own it too.)

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Ddalgiwanders
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Me and my business partner own Blue Diamond Travel and Tours, a new travel agency in Cebu City. Since we are new, we are still on the process of expanding our network and connections with other travel agencies, hotels/resorts, and other travel related establishments in other places. We have searched for pension houses in Palawan through the internet and we found that One Rover's place is the most economical. So I decided to go to the place to experience it myself and see if we can recommend the place to our clients. I was not disappointed. Here are some of my positive reviews:

1. Rooms are clean and orderly.
2. Very convenient location. It's just very near the airport, famous restaurants, Underground River main office, pharmacy, mall and other tourist destinations.
3. The driver who picked us up in the airport is friendly and accommodating.
4. Front desk staffs are very friendly and warm. We feel that we are always welcome and important.
5. Travel agency and souvenir shop is just beside it.
6. Breakfast is always served on time.
7. The staffs in Tio Rod's also are friendly. I'm glad One Rover's chose them as their partner.
8. The staffs are really helpful in providing us information about Palawan and booking us in Ka Lui's restaurant. The treatment they gave us is commendable especially when I made an ocular inspection in their rooms.
9. There is always housekeeping. They are also very friendly and respectful.
10. You can get value for your money because of the amenities provided.

My overall stay in One Rover's is truly very relaxing and comfortable. I am confident to recommend them to my clients for our Palawan packages. I'm sure they will have a great experience like mine in their Palawan vacation.

Room Tip: Executive suites will give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
#31 of 182 in Puerto Princesa
Balai Felicisima Bed & Breakfast
Balai Felicisima Bed & Breakfast
#13 of 75 in Puerto Princesa

Been to One Rover's Place? Share your experiences!