“great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Linda Inn And Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Casa Linda Inn And Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 182 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

nice place -pretty decor with a central garden well maintained. rooms spacious and clean-i think we payed 20-25 usd -great value for ambience with a well appointed restaurant-

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hena27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had one night in puerto princessa, casa linda inn is near the airport! And in a nice area of restaurants.

Its clean and nice, No HOT WATER!

Still a really nice place to stay

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank lukale
Parañaque
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

First thing is that there's a lot of mosquitos everywhere in this place. The staff are lousy and you cannot depend on them. Especially the receptionist were so rude with the guest. They cannot give what their guest needs. They woke late everyday. They served breakfast late at 8am.. If you are under a travel agency, I swear you will not be accommodated well.
I strongly do not recommend this Hotel. Our worst accommodation ever.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank iamjulie
Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

okay, so i've read both good and bad reviews before booking for this inn. the experience of those with positive made me want to go there and the negative ones didn't deter e much (i don't exactly watch the television when i'm on trips, you didn't travel all the way to some island to watch the same things you watch at home).
i called them up a month in advance to reserve a room and even if it was still that long, they told me that they were fully booked. when a guest had canceled their reservation, they informed me and i confirmed my reservation to them. they only asked for my name and the date of my arrival. i wasn't sure if i'd be able to keep the room for me coz they weren't asking for any reservation fee. the week before my arrival (and a few days before), they sent me sms & called me up to confirm with me if i'm still staying with them (plus points for that). 900php for the room (fits 2) but we were four. they assured me that we'd all fit but i have to pay extra for the mattress (200/extra person. i think.)
when we got there, i have to admit i didn't set my hopes up. so i was pleasantly surprised with the inn. it had a very cozy atmosphere and it looked so peaceful. the other guests were in the habit of taking their footwear off the entrance and were walking around barefoot on the wooden floors. when we got to our room, it was very spacious! we had 3 beds (can fit two) and they added another mattress. and we still got tons of space! the only downside was that since it was raining when we got there, there was a leak in the middle of our room. their temporary remedy was to put towels on the floor to absorb the leaking water. they were apologizing profusely. since it was a sunday, they told us that no one's able to fix it. :(
aside from that, there weren't other inconveniences. but do realize that you are in palawan and as such, there are lots of mosquitoes around (not inside the room though, i was talking about the garden). make sure you have a mosquito repellent with you. it's nice to hang out at the gazebo in their garden or to just sit by the chairs in the lobby. they have a computer up front that you can use. there was a wifi signal but you'll need a password for it (we didn't try asking for it coz we're always able to use their pc)
the kitchen staff were very helpful to us also. after island hopping at honda bay, we had so many excess of food that we weren't able to finish (bought outside). they offered to keep it in their refrigerator and they agreed to cook our excess rice as fried rice for our next morning's breakfast for a small fee (20php). we also had excess pizza (from another foodtripping done outside), and we asked them to reheat it for us. alongside our orders for a papaya shake (i found it delicious ^_^), it was a pretty good snack eaten at their gazebo.
all in all, i would book at casa linda again if i make another visit to puerto princesa. :)
ps: also, the inn's location is perfect. it's a very short walk to the main street (rizal ave) where all the good eateries are. the plaza's capitol is a few minutes' walk away too. :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank crystalraven20
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

The most important thing to know about this hotel is that it is listed as the "Our Pick" in the Lonely Planet guides. Since EVERY single tourist/backpacker uses the exact same guide, you'll probably have trouble just showing up and getting a room.

When we arrived, those without a reservation were told that they there were no rooms. Unfortunately, those with a reservation (specifically myself) were also told that there were no rooms. Being a regular traveler, I knew that a Lonely Planet listing bumps up the price that hotels charge and lowers their room availability. I called two weeks prior to speak with a live person (who spoke mediocre English) and confirm a reservation. Although I was very adamant for them to get all the necessary info, they refused to take more than my name and my date of arrival. When I showed up, they mentioned an early cut-off for check-in, after which they give your room away -- 5 pm, I believe. Since one of only two flights from Manila arrives shortly after that, I was rather shocked. The most they would do for me is offer to call other hotels -- none of which sounded too good or were located in a convenient area.

Okay, so I don't want this to sound too negative. The hotel looked fine for the price (although there's plenty of other places for a similar price or even better ones for only 100 pesos more). The common area and garden are nice touches. The location is a real selling point. It's basically at the edge of the section of town that you would want to be in. Give it a try, but a reservation is suggested. I would also recommend a follow up email or other confirmation.

BTW, if you haven't already figured it out by the time that you get to Palawan, touts get a commision for getting people into a taxi, booking a room, or booking a tour. Don't listen to their recommendations -- ask another traveler or check your guide book instead!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pesti_z
Iffeldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

Stayed there for 1 night on our way to Sabang. The rooms are a little dark and I couldn´t get a Fan-room, but all in all it was clean and ok. The garden was nice. Everything looked clean. It´s close to Rizalstreet and downtown. I highly recommend to eat at the Kalui Restaurant close by. It has excellent food!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Saskia1968
San Juan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

Casa Linda is situated near popular restaurants and bars and is only a few minutes away from the airport. Designed to be just like a tropical house with a courtyard, its hard wood floors invites its guests to walk barefoot around the inn which is elevated from the ground. With less than a dozen rooms that surround the courtyard, the ambiance is cozy and laid back. The rooms are spacious but some air conditioners need to be replaced. Bring toiletries as they will only provide you with two small bars of soap. Hot water can be requested as their faucets/water fixtures are falling apart. With affordable rooms and no frills service, Casa Linda wins the hearts of tourists for its comfortable and homey atmosphere and ideal location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Natua's Cabin
Natua's Cabin
#59 of 182 in Puerto Princesa
D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan
D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles...
#78 of 182 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Casa Linda Inn And Restaurant? Share your experiences!