“Great Stay, Quite, Nice Rooms”

Hibiscus Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here for three nights, I got a nicer room in the back with the private outdoor garden in the back. Its a bit far from town (5-8 min trike) to the boardwalk but there is a sarisari right out front and the best place to each chicken dinner is just a few hundred yards down the road...breakfast was delivered to my room each morning and they would come around in the early evening asking what time I wanted it...They booked all my tours for me including the Honda Bay Tour, Underground River Tour, Firefly tour, and even my van ride to El Nido. Staff was friendly and helpful....AC is the quite not one of those stupid cheap box ac units stuck in the window...Wifi worked great..its close to the airport if that is important to you but if you want to visit the new mall plan on about 15 minutes to get there.

Room Tip: you can sit out front in the courtyard like everyone one else does or get the little bit higher pri...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank beautiful-looser

Reviewed December 27, 2012

we keep coming back, this time we had 2 rooms, and our stay was perfect. staff, food, service, location, tours, simply the BEST. thanks to everyone who made our stay so pleasant and welcome. til next time.

Room Tip: make sure to get 1 lunch or 1 dinner, pizzas and pasta are delicious, and for drink the mango/banana...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gypsyweeze
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hibiscus Garden Inn made our Palawan vacation perfect! Excellent staff, great rooms, very good food. Highly recommended; value for money. The place is so relaxing; we could not ask for more.They had also arranged for our fuss-free tours. More power!

Room Tip: Go for queen or king rooms for couples; classic rooms for children (sharing)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank aleli v
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights, and it was very pleasant. I think the best thing about it is the staff -- very helpful, no matter how many questions we asked. Make sure to ask things like how much the expected tricycle fare is from place to place (some of the tricycle drivers like to take advantage of tourists). Once you know that, the best way I found to pay them was to keep in mind what the regular fare the lady at the front desk told me it should be, and stuff the amount in the tricycle driver's hand, then turn around and walk away before he can protest :P). Anyways, the rooms were big. There is a restaurant, which we had breakfast at, and one dinner. Breakfast was decently priced, but we chose to go elsewhere for cheaper food for the rest of our meals. It's very pretty there, as the other reviewers said. Love the hammocks for each room. Love that you could order your breakfast the night before, so that if you had a tour the next day (and pickup times are usually early), you can set an alarm and have breakfast ready as soon as you walk in the restaurant. Close, but not too close to the airport. they will arrange airport pickup and dropoff for you. I wish I had gotten the name of the lady who was at the front desk most of the time. She was very friendly, and made sure we were comfortable and that all our questions were answered :).

Room Tip: Rooms are great! Even just the standard rooms are huge, I think the only difference, it seems is a p...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkacarino
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel is real nice, clean and spacious rooms with A+ cable, very accomodating hotel staff who will always show you a smile, delicious food (try their pizzas) using fresh ingredients, and a wonderful and relaxing garden atmosphere. No complaints about the hotel just a note though, don't forget to withdraw extra money as the nearest atm is about 15 mins away! Fortunately the hotel's restaurant accepts credit card payments, plus points for Hibiscus! Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sparkplugfreak
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Me And my husband stayed at Hibiscus Garden Hotel on October 22- October 24. Originally i booked at the Legend Hotel which the price is doubled than what i paid for at Hibiscus. Before we left Las VEgas i inquire if they do anything special for birthdays since it's my 49th bday. I did not get any reply from them which is not a big deal. But what suprised me is when we got to the hotel our room key is ready for us which only took less than 2 minutes to check in and when we get to the room, the bed was decorated with flower petals and with happy bday greetings. It was AWESOME. Then we left for our city tour and lucnh and got back to our room around 8:00pm and i thought my bday is over. All of a sudden someone is knocking at our room and 3 friendly staff sang Happy Birthday and they brought a whole Chocolate cake. Not just a slice and one of the best chocolate cake i ever had. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The corner suites are large and have private backyard with hammock . Me and my husband enjoyed our b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ica63asoy
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have arrived at the airport 30 mins than expected but the driver from Hibiscus was already there waiting for us. We checked in really late and because of a very long journey we were all very hungry and was worried that no restaurant may be open so the very nice lady at the reception, JOY, arranged for us to be dropped to the nearby restaurant with the hotel van. The next day we visited the underground river organised for us by the hotel and the tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. The excursion was one of the best I had. Every evening, they would come to take our order which was not included in the rate and we could have breakfast wherever and whenever we wanted. There is a souvenir shop near the hotel and upon discovering that we were staying at HIbiscus Garden, the owner gave us a considerable amount of discount. I have been travelling all over the world for the past few years and I could say that this is one of the best holidays I' ve had. Thanks to Miss Aida and Miss Joy and all the staff at Hibiscus

• Stayed: November 2012