Just back from a week in Sabang and missing it already. We went to relax and be surrounded in nature and so stayed here for five nights, the nature package plus two extra nights and then a couple more nights in another resort in town. While many people come here only for a day trip to the Underground River, Sabang is a great place to stop and unwind for a few nights. We went for a jungle trek, a boat trip in the mangroves, walked the ten-fifteen minutes down to the beach which has soft sand to swim and enjoy the waves (you can get a tricycle ride back up the hill if you are feeling lazy).
We felt at home at the resort, the very friendly family who own the place are great to chat with without being pushy. We were met at the airport on time and given a lift back and offered lifts to town and help deciding how to spend our time. The scenery is breathtaking, we saw so many birds and insects, (I've been on the look-out for a preying mantis for ages, one landed on my head!!!!! :D ).
This is a family run business and you will find yourself in the middle of nowhere, so be realistic, if you are looking for a generic hotel or you have mobility problems this might not be the place for you (there are some steps and no room service, the electricity stops when the generator is off etc.) but if you want to spend some time off the beaten track I'd recommend it. If possible come for a few days, it takes a 24 hours to register to go to the Underground River and it is quite a drive over magnificent mountain scenery from Puerto Princesa airport, so you may as well stay for a few nights, settle in and make the most of it.
This place (resort and Sabang) far exceeded expectations, enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bambua Nature Park Resort is a secluded place situated in Sabang behind a gentle range of hills - just outside the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park with the famous Puerto Princesa Underground River. All the facilities at Bambua are located in an extensive garden landscape, surrounded by the bizarre St. Paul Mountain Chain, by farmland and jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bambua Nature Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bambua Nature Park Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Bambua Nature Cottages Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa