I have mixed feelings with this place. First, Bambua should be classified as a bed and breakfast or Inn, but not a resort. Here are some of the pros and cons of the place.
-The family apartment where we stayed have a breathtaking mountain view that surround Bambua!
-For nature lovers this is a great place; very good for bird watching. It has big hectares, where you can explore and roam around.
-Andre the owner tells interesting stories about his life in Sabang since he moved there in an early age!
-The accommodation is rustic and never been maintained very well. Its a family business and they don't have any hired helper to do everyday cleaning or dusting, except to change your bedsheet when you checkout!
-The generator was supposed to run from 5pm thru 12mid, but the owner Andre will shut off as he wishes...like out of 3 nights we stayed, 2 nights the generator was shut off at 10:30pm, one of those nights the weather was super hot, so we did not sleep well....
-If you have knee problem like me at that time, you have to be aware from the parking below you have to climb-up at least 15 mtrs of stone steps.
-Lastly, my frustration was when one of my small bags was dropped by the help during our checkout, Andre was there and saw what happened and did not even check it out to see if the luggage was ok. But Lando the helper put my bag in the van, without notifying me of the broken handle on the bag. I sent an e-mail to Andre, three weeks has passed, but I have not heard from him!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bambua Nature Park Resort is a secluded place situated in Sabang behind a gentle range of hills - just outside the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park with the famous Puerto Princesa Underground River. All the facilities at Bambua are located in an extensive garden landscape, surrounded by the bizarre St. Paul Mountain Chain, by farmland and jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bambua Nature Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bambua Nature Park Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Bambua Nature Cottages Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa