“Charming and quiet get away”

Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Guangzhou, China
“Charming and quiet get away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Royal Oberoi. It is a charming place with a rustic feel. The grounds were pretty and provided a relaxing atmosphere. The pool was very nice to go in at any time of the day. There was often a pool boy at the swim up bar waiting to make drinks, which by the way are very cheap. I stayed in the deluxe suite and my room was very clean. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud it was so soft.
I had the hotel staff set up all of my tours in town and would they just let me know when I needed to be ready and would call when the tour guide arrived.
I asked for the 4 day 3 night meal package and do not regret it. The food there was delicious. Every day we would have a tasty soup, many seafood dishes, and a dessert picked out by the chef. For breakfast we could order off the menu. I ate the mango pancakes and omelettes.
We requested the half day spa treatment and it was quite nice. I got the body scrub and the Palawan massage. They were both very nice. I also had the manicure and pedicure the next day. These were done by a young man who was very meticulous and took his time. I would have preferred him to go faster, but since I had nothing else going on I let him go at his pace.
It was my friends birthday while we were there and the staff was so sweet and made her a little cake and sang happy birthday after dinner.
The staff were very friendly and willing to assist us when we needed them.
The only down side of the hotel is that it is somewhat far from the beach, but the staff can request a tut tut or van to pick you up and take you where you want. You just have to pay the fee of a few hundred pisos.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My stay at this hotel had both it's ups and downs. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. Being that long I should have felt a tad bit of royalty right unfortunately no. Let's start with the good part. I had booked the superior deluxe room because there would only be 3 of us. When I got there they said they had transferred us to the suite villa(yay!) for the price of the superior room. But there was I down side which I'll discuss later. The suite villa was clean, quiet and cute. I was satisfied because of the large area we got, good running water, working water heater, quiet airconditioning and satisfying complimentary breakfasts.The staff were pretty helpful and very courteous with them I had no complaints. The location though a bit far from the city it was well suited if you wanted to relax. And now the bad part. Lets start with the hotel. It needs repainting and looks a bit sad. It needs more flora to brighten up the facade esp the entrance. The suite villa we were transferred to had a "great view"of the guardhouse and the parking lot. I had a feeling we were transferred there because other guests who arrived ahead didnt want the room. The lunch we ordered had very tough meat. There remote control and tv had issues. But aleast the room service decide to give us a different television set. The bathrooms should have bidets and atleast provide a simple toothbrush & toothpaste. And last one of the days I spent there was my birthday. When I booked I had mentioned it and even on the day. Most hotels would at least do something as a courtesy. But don't expect anything from this hotel. Maybe they forgot the tagline on their website. There definitely was no taste or treatment of royalty.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Naturetripping2013
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Although somewhat isolated, this is part of the resort's charm. Beautiful gardens and a large pool make for a relaxing and very quiet stay. The English owner and his Filipina wife are ever-present and charming. The restaurant serves excellent, varied and good-value meals, cooked to order, and initial plans to go into the town to eat elsewhere after the first night were abandoned. Our room was large, with a separate sitting area, and generally well-appointed, though a bedside table both sides of the bed would have been helpful. Service is leisurely, indeed quite slow, so one needs to chill out to the pace of life there. The hotel will organise tours with local operators, but will load the price by about 20% claiming the extra taxes it has to pay. Better to insist on making direct payment to the tour operator. Also, avoid the hotel's own informal beach and island trips, as a half-day trip cost virtually the same as a professional full-day, lunch-included tour. Having said all that, we enjoyed our stay very much, and would have no hesitation in returning or recommending to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have visited this hotel way back Feb 2007... This resort is 20 minutes away from the center of Puerto Princessa but we don't have any problem with that since we could just easily ride a motorcycle..

The hotel is very clean and their prices is very reasonable! I find the hotel outdated before and need some touch but their big pool is to die for! Their rooms are in a descent size where you could have a bedroom, a living room and a bathroom.

My husband complain here is just their not so much people during that time of our stay so when we ordered something from their menu most of it they don't have it but the one we able to try from them is really delicious!

Overall we had a great stay way back and if ever we need to stay next year in PPS on our way back from El nido to PPS-Cebu I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in one night again!

Cheers!

A must try to stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Da Nang, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was clean adn fresh. The property was immaculate, the waiters and housekeeping staff was attentive. This is a wonderful place to stay. We couldn't have had a better stay, and will be back sooner than later.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now. The first time over Christmas in 2011 and then for our Philippines post wedding ceremony. The staff and owners went out of the way to assist and make our special day even more special. The rooms are fantastic, staff are amazing, great food...not a bad word to say - exactly why we are heading back again in a week! Thank you again for such a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

If its a city you're escaping from ,or you just need some quality pampering ,then the Oberon really is the place,just relax by the well what I can only describe as the biggest pool I've had the pleasure to drink a rather nice rum and coke at poolside ,the trips are very well organised and at a most reasonable price,not to mention the finest locally sourced seafood,you go and and on the way stop at the market ,you chose from an array of verities and enjoy them being cooked at the beach by one of the hotel chefs .The restaurant at Oberon uses mostly homegrown vegetables and herbs ,I could live on the chicken curry alone,but they have plenty of choice ,.The staff are friendly and very helpful ,the rooms are spotless and are taken good care off ,second time there ,looking forward to the third .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family