“Oasis in Puerto Princesa”

Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
San Francisco
“Oasis in Puerto Princesa”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a week on a live-aboard scuba diving boat (Seadoors), the 24 hours we spent at the Royal Oberoi was great. The villa was very spacious and clean and had a decent wifi connection. The pool, gardens, and restaurant are wonderful. The owners are also very helpful. Definitely recommend this place, and good value!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Tatties-and-Leeks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found this resort on the web when I was searching for our 5 days stay in the city. I’ve exhausted all the resources like emails, calls and texts in searching for a perfect place since we will travel as a family, I wanted it to be a perfect experience. Lucky us we chose this resort as we wanted a huge pool, a quiet place to rest in and a fine restaurant to dine in.

We booked 2 deluxe rooms since we have little kids and having stairs will put them at risk. Rooms are big, neat and clean. Hot and cold shower, not super fast Wifi, complimentary toiletries and coffee made our stay comfortable.

We got the food package since I read from previous guests that the food was great and we’re not disappointed. Food was enormous for our group and very tasty. In fact, it’s far better from the famous restaurants in the city. I highly recommend if you will travel as a group and you’ll never regret it.

The place is quite far from the airport, about 15-20 minutes ride but for us, it’s an advantage since we need to have a serene place to stay. But if you want to roam around the city, a cheap trike ride is always available, just inform the front desk or you can go in the highway and wait for a ride. The place was so peaceful and people were very friendly.

I also recommend getting the Tour package in this hotel to avoid hustle. In our case, I informed Mark, the owner, months before our trip and I’m glad we really enjoyed it without a fuss. I commend Herman, for having our Honda Bay tour a great one.

Finally, hats off to Mark for having our stay really a memorable and wonderful experience. I’m also impressed on how he replied to my emails and inquiries regarding our stay. I also commend the staffs in the hotel; they are really friendly and ready for any requests. I remember, asking them to hang our wet clothes since our flight will be on that day and they prompted and with no charge at all.

Spent 5 days in February 2013 with the family.

We really had a Royal Experience! Thank you!

Maricar, Richard, Patricia, RJ, Jay-R and Ester

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank IcayVillaber
San Pedro, Philippines
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights during my last visit to the city last November 2012. Here are some of my reviews for this accommodation:
Their reservation through email was very quick and hassle free. The owner, Mark, responds to my queries almost everyday. You can even ask for the tally computation for better understanding.
Their facade isn't that inviting that you couldn't even imagine that it was a resort hotel inside. Just like a typical subdivision gate.
The location was a bit off the city proper, about 30 minutes travel by tricycle and the (rough) road leading to the place is creepy and dark at night.
Their entire vicinity is really huge - the pool, the garden and the restaurant/events place. Everything is well-kept as well and enough attendants to assist and guide you when you need them.
Their pool is huge and quite deep for Asians like us. I think the shallowest is around 5 feet deep. Though they don't change the water everyday, I can see that they put treatment chemicals every night to the pool.
Their restaurant is also huge! It is actually two floors but I think we can only access the ground. It is non-aircon but the air is enough to keep us cool and be one with the environment. You got to try their burger and pizza!
The rooms are tidy as well. I appreciate their decorations and fixtures that made the room more pleasing to the eye. We had the villa type and my only concern is that there is only one aircon (at the second floor) and their shower area drainage wasn't that properly placed. Aside from that, everything is fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kosherkitkit
Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good:
- owners are hands on in managing the resort, great service from booking onwards
- room is clean & comfortable
- food is yummy
- resort is quiet

Needs improvement:
- adult pool is green
- resort is a bit far from town, but just 15 min ride
- communicating that the contract with only 1 tour/travel agent (which was not bad anyway)

Subjective:
- facilities are rustic, not new/modern

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leigh
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights staying here in March 2013 and really enjoyed the stay.
Room was a nice size although the bathroom was on the small side. We did a couple of issues with the shower but Mark the owner, personally sorted them as soon as he could so this goes down as a positive..
Biggest pool I've ever seen which was really useful as the weather was very hot and sunny when we were there. Result!
Restaurant was very large and the food was great, which a large selection of dishes.
All the staff were really helpful and friendly, and we liked the fact that Mark made the effort to speak to us daily to see if we were ok, but didn't invade our privacy..
There have been complaints on here about the trips that the hotel organise, but I want to put the record straight. Royal Oberoi don't organise the trips, just the booking, of which we had no problems whatsoever with. The Underground River trip and the Honda Bay ones were both fantastic ( partly because of Herman our guide) and we didn't have much time hanging around waiting for vans, boats etc. but even if you do, what better place to wait for a boat than the stunning beaches around Palawan.
I must mention the old boy security guard who always had a huge smile on his face to greet us whoever we left or returned to the hotel.
Stay here, you won't be disappointed,,,,,

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ohwow14
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed March 20, 2013

we're a group of 17 working in a cruise lines who stayed 3 days and 2 nights in this place(mar 15-17). though the place is a little bit far from the city but it was worth staying. attentive and friendly staff who welcomes you warmly, room was very comfortable, food was GREAT! (thanks to the chef) with fresh fruits and vegetables every meal.. and most importantly, the owners, mark and rose are very friendly who checks on us everyday..and in fact asked us on the food we wanted to have. all of us enjoyed so much just to relax by the pool until the late evening...a very nice place to stay in palawan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed for one night at the end of our Palawan trip. Our room was spotless, cool and very comfortable. We did not eat in the restaurant, but breakfast is very simple (though no breakfast in the Palawan will blow your socks off). Its about 15 minutes by tricycle out of town so its quiet. Staff are excellent. We stayed in the suite villa which was very spacious. My only criticism is a bit of road noise as we were right by the entrance to the hotel, so I'd try and get a room further away. Otherwise recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple