“Didn't get to stay, but excellent service”

Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
australia
“Didn't get to stay, but excellent service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked and paid for a room at Royal Oberoi, but didn't stay as our flight was cancelled from Manila.

We are therefore unable to comment on the actual hotel and facilities, but can only say that the staff (in particular Mark), were exceptionally helpful in assisting with us with all sorts of queries relating to our stay in Palawan. Palawan is the sort of place where you need a local contact to provide information on transport options etc.

We are disappointed we didn't get to stay as our impression of the hotel was a good one. We look forward to staying there next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fraser97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is my first time to write a review and had decided on it upon arrival from Palawan as it is my way of thanking Royal Oberoi for the wonderful experience we had at their hotel. It is our tenth year wedding anniversary and I had planned to go to Palawan as a way to celebrate a decade full of love and romance. I had booked our plane ticket as early as January but I have yet to decide which hotel to choose from so I had to surf the net every now and then looking for that perfect place to stay while in Palawan. I had read numerous reviews of almost all the hotels in Palawan and every time, this hotel pop-up as one of the most recommended place to stay. I then decided to send an email to some of the most prominent hotels and almost all of them replied to all my queries. However, the decision to stay at this hotel was based on the very prompt and informative reply from the owner, Sir Mark. All emails and queries were answered as soon as possible and you can feel the effort to extend all possible means to address our requests. I assure you, all the beautiful things that were said about this hotel is true. We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms, Room 25, I had kept an open option to upgrade our room however, I found the room to my liking from the room arrangement to the clean sheets and beautifully presented towels complete with flowers, the very fragrant and scented smell of the room, welcome drinks upon arrival, the waiters offering us ice cold water while we are hanging out at the pool, the effort to attend to all the requirements of our tight schedule, the courteous greetings and smiles we receive from the staff... all this little details that make you feel welcomed and pampered. From the owners to the staff, a very excellent service indeed. Truly amazing and worth mentioning. If given another chance to visit this place I'd surely stay in this hotel again. Thank you for that wonderful Royal Oberoi experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ArnieIanJun
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We booked three nights in this resort with the food package. The food was really, really good. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Reservation was a breeze and we did not have any problems with the tours we booked through this resort. We stayed in the Superior Deluxe room with a Queen-sized bed. Only complaint about the room was the bed. It was too soft for my liking. Apart from that, the room was clean with ample supply of towels, a ref, coffee-making facilities, hot shower and wifi access.
The food really exceeded my expectations. They served fried chicken & ginataang bamboo shoots during one of our dinners there. Who would have thought that fried chicken could taste so good? I was really amazed at how delicious that fried chicken was. Even the soup they serve us before the main course was above par. Tinola, corn soup, and tom yam... Really, really delicious. I can't stop raving about their food. If you get the room+food package, it will truly be worth it. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mommy_piper23
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have so many good things to say about this hotel.

From the Hotel itself, to ppl who work for it, to Chef, to Food and even the Hotel Owners: Mark & Rose -- TRULY AMAZING!

They are all very accommodating. Staffs and crews are very polite and attentive to guest's needs. Mark were very prompt in responding to my email inquiries. Most of all, Chef Ricky was really awesome! Every single food he present is really impressive and best-tasting EVER! :)

We booked for a Suite Villa Package (3D/2N with Full-Board Meal, Underground River and City Tour). We arrived late, around 7:30 in the evening. The Receptionist, immediately assisted us and one of the Hotel Staff handed us the Mango Shake as a Welcome Drinks! A few minutes later, another staff guided us into our room.

Suite Villa was awesome! Very spacious and clean. "WOW" was the first word that came out into our mouth, we immediately took pictures of the entire room because of the excitement :P

There's a sofa downstairs, a Queen-sized Bed, a bathroom, a coffee maker. Upstairs (Attic-Style Room) is a 2 Queen-sized Bed. Looking outside the window is the fantastic view of the "Clover Leaf Pool and Bar", while on the other side of this room is a door leading you to a private balcony. There's also a Mini Bar and a small closet -- Two-Thumbs up for that!

We had our first dinner around 8 in the evening. We didn't know that Chef Ricky has prepared 3 main course for us! A combination of Seafoods (Shrimp & Squid, Crab) and Pork. What's really impressive about this is how Chef Ricky prepared this in a very nice presentation. After the heavy meal, another Dessert was served: The Banana Fritters - in our local language, it is called "Turon". Deep-fry and has a scoop of Buko Salad-Flavored Ice Cream and Mint Leaf, with Chocolate Syrup! Fantastic! ^_^

We always feel the "Satisfaction" for every meal that they serve!

The Hotel's interior designs are lovely as well. One staff said that some of their interior was exported all the way from Thailand. Couples Mark & Rose are very good at it -- PURRRRFEECCT! :) I love the ambiance, I love the cleanliness of the entire place, i love the staffs, i love the food, i love the beds and linens (so clean and soft), i love everything!

This must be recommended to everyone who wanted to enjoy and experience a One Of A Kind "Royal Treatment" in Puerto Princesa, Palawan! You won't regret it, I promise. What you see on their website is what you'll get! And I would definitely LOVE to go back as soon as I can :)

Room Tip: Suite Villa has a relaxing view of Pool Bar and Garden, especially at night because it's quite R...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank DhonaTheExplorer
Suwon, South Korea
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What an experience. I almost never write hotel reviews but I decided to write a review on this hotel as soon as I returned. The room was incredible, two stories with a balcony on one side and a view of the pool on the other side. The food was excellent (thank you chef Ricky) and so were the cocktails. Our package included a city tour, honda bay tour, and the underground river tour. The only thing I'd do differently would be to skip the city tour and rent a scoter or a trike then hang out at the pool. The last day in Palawan we did the underground river tour and we were exhausted, when we got to the hotel my girlfriend and I asked if we could still get a massage and they told us anytime we wanted. We scheduled a massage for 8pm so we could have dinner first. It was the perfect end to a perfect trip. We stayed 4 nights in a two story townhouse, we went on 3 tours, got 2 massages, and we ate and drank all night every night. Our total bill at checkout was less than $550.00. What a HUGE value. It's the best resort hotel I've ever been to!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Greg J
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wow!

First word that came out of my mouth when we got inside our room! The room is great plus it has a view from the pool which is truly amazing! Kudos to the chef, delicious foods and also to the courteos staff. Even the owner's are very hospitable. However the Royal Oberoi landmark at the street needs some light do.

P.S. see also the superstar cats!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Blerickg
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 11, 2012

LAst April 2012 we stayed @ Royal Oberoi, very quiet place and the room very clean, all the staff are professional.. The food is so delicious, lot of crabs and other seafoods. The guest feels very special. We promise to comeback here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family