“You've been UPGRADED”

Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Pasig, Philippines
“You've been UPGRADED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

The title of this review was the first words we heard from the owner. They say first impressions last and it did. The staff and owners were great and very accommodating. The rooms were newly renovated. The food was great and surprisingly cheap. I've been to a lot of resorts here in the Philippines and abroad but I didn't expect this kind of rooms and service from a budget hotel. We heard so many negative things about this hotel even from our tour guides. But they were shocked on how we praise the service and rooms. We are very lucky to be one of the first to experience the new Royal Oberoi!!! We would definitely recommend Royal Oberoi to our friends and family. We would definitely go back to Royal Oberoi! It's the best!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pbantayan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
San Juan, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Upon arrival at the airport, our bags were safely brought by their rep to the hotel. Very convenient for us since we were off to honda bay tour for the day. As an interior designer, i was impressed with our room. i realized we were upgraded to a honeymoon suite, thanks to Madam Rose!!! The asian-themed pieces are really great!! Wood carvings were outstanding!

I loooove our welcome drinks!!! we actually ordered it again in our meals. Crispy Pata was the Best!! Very Delicious!!!

Keep up the good work! We'll surely be back!! Hopefully, the same room!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank i_explore_too
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

As a swimmer I always look to see what the pool is like and was delighted to see this huge pool (with a bar!) which I am told is the largest In Puerta Princesa(pool not the bar!). I had stayed here before and although was "satisfied" with the quality of the room previously..I could not believe the huge improvement the owners Mark and Rose have made. The room we stayed in (superior I think) was in my opinion 5 star!. bed was great and towels made to look like swans on the bed...how do they do that?Attention to detail was outstanding! Looking at past views and opinions it appears that the changes they are making are starting to benefit the guests but some are still ongoing. The gardens and plants are what makes the Oberoi Royal! Just as I was leaving I overheard the owner discussing the possibility of offering Scuba diving courses in the future so I will definetly be heading back! Food.....well i didnt get up for breakfast as slept so soundly but did eat in the evening and once again I could not fault. My question is....why would anybody sleep in the City of Puerta Princesa when you can sleep at the Oberoi?? Maybe they need the sounds and smell of the tricycles?

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Martyn John C
Makati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

Our stay in Royal Oberoi is not that bad compared to the others. They may have lapses like blurry TV reception but still it a good place to stay. The only bad experience in our stay when one of our rooms are changed without our consent. No things gone but still it almost frustrated my friend.

The facade of the hotel is not that interesting but the pool and scene at the back is what the hotel should boast about. The setting is breathtaking and feel great.

For short stay, this is recommended. We choose this hotel since our schedule in Palawan was jam packed with activities. We only slept in the hotel.

Just a recommendation, should improve services like cable reception and others.

Royal Oberoi, Palawan's Budget Accomodation

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank The_Novice_Traveler
Muntinlupa City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had just returned from a family vacation in Puerto Princesa. We all enjoyed the wondrous Underground River, island hopping in Honda Bay, shopping at Iwahig and Binuatan, watching the flutter of colourfull wings at the Butterfly Garden, the fantastic finds (kasoy, etc.) at the Market, and of course the sumptuous eats at Ka Lui, KinaButch, and Balinsasayaw. We brought home some wonderful memories and great photos!

But I know for a fact that I will never forget the bad taste left in our mouths by our Royal Oberoi and Zest Air experience (the latter being a completely different story altogether!)!!!

I can't help but relive our experience as I read the review posted by IlocanoBeauty. We have more to share about our stay at Royal Oberoi. We had unfortunately made the mistake of picking this hotel, as we wanted a place that was away from the city proper.

We too experienced major snowstorms every time we turned on the tv --- with bad picture and sound reception. The hotel staff blamed it on the cable network (smart!). We also complained about not having water in the bathroom. This apparently was caused by the pump being turned off in the wee hours of the morning... so guests need to wait until it goes back on before enjoying refreshing water from the faucets. And this turned from bad to WORST (yes, you read it right... it skipped "worse"!!!) on the day we were checking out. We were made to wait for 1.5 hours (I actually called their attention about it at 6:05 am on 1 November but water supply was only restored at around 7:40 am!!!! This actually had the other guests out of their rooms complaining about the same matter.

We were also not pleased with the free Continental Breakfast that came with our package. I was apalled to find that the following was what they considered Continental Breakfast: 4 half slices (which are actually just 2 full slices of loaf bread), a sliver of butter, a teaspoonful of marmalade, and a slice of ripe mango. Good thing it came with juice / coffee / tea to "fill in the gaps".

We also discovered that the 2 ladies manning the Reception did NOT have active listening skills at all! Before heading out for dinner on Saturday, we had asked about the Sunday mass schedule of nearby Sta. Monica Church. And were advised that it followed the 6:00 am , 7:00 am, and 8:00 am schedule. But upon arriving at the church, we discovered that the ladies only got 1 out of 3 right... the schedules were at 6:00 am, 8:30 am, and 5:00 pm. We experienced such frustration once again (on the same day!!!) when we were checking out on 1 November. The staff said that their vehicle (to take us to the airport) would be back by 3:00 pm. This really raised my blood pressure because we had advised them also the night before that we needed to be at the airport by 3:00 pm (as our flight was at 5:20 pm).

All these details will definitely ensure that I remember our Royal Oberoi experience, especially since I still am applying cream to more than 10 bed bug bites I got from the mattress!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank MarriedWithKids3301
kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

my and my family had a great time experience during our stay at royal oberoi. they have spacious room at very affordable price, the room had everything we need... tv,hot and cold shower, mini bar clean toilet and small balcony with table and chair. the staffs are friendly and very kind to accommodate our needs, like providing us vehicles when we wanna go to downtown, or just carrying our things bringing to our room with a smile, also the owner ms arga is very sweet and friendly, she cook for us a delicious tomyum and some thai food its so yummy! my son love the swimming pool, its big and clean. so if your looking for a peaceful getaway with a pleasant setting, spacious clean rooms? then you will like this place.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank pattaya93
grand cayman island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

me and my friends stayed at royal oberoi for 2 weeks.....we thought just for 2 weeks.....but cant get enough for palawan hospitality that royal oberoi can offer....royal oberoi is one of the most beautiful place in philippines to stay it feels like home....so me and my friends went to see the honda bay tour!we had so much fun..little picnic at estrella falls,we spend time to see the penal farm and spend a day at iwahig balsahan river(picnic)....lastly we went to see the pride of palawan....the subterrian river!jeeesh its fantastic!if you want to see this beauty wonder of nature ..!you have to come and see and stay in palawan...cheap food but garanteed deliciously made and friendly people over here..so,come and try it yourself too!now, we are heading back to work in grand cayman island...but definately going back and spread this good news to all of my friends back here!hmmm...! i made them sooooo jealous about this trip of mine with friends.....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends