“Homey to stay....Great Vacation...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Nido
MaryGold Beachfront Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
cavite Metro Manila
“Homey to stay....Great Vacation...”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Beautiful beach of El nido in front of our Hotel villas..Great quite hotel to stay at Marina Garden beach Resort, ...we really love to stay there,..specially the hammocks, we love to sit in front of the beach with my husband...
Staff are so accommodating & always smiling to their guest, specially when you need something,..the food is super Lovely specially the breakfast...Thank you to all the staff, We enjoy our stay in your Hotel , even though we're not staying all the time to the hotel because of our everyday activity tour, & we enjoy the scenic view of the El nido paradise Island!. Probably we will stay there again with my family...

Room Tip: room # 1, 2, 3, & 4 are the best room to choose, because of beach front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mitchbron

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff was quite helpful when I made my reservations. They did not asked for a deposit and even reminded me about it a week before our arrival.

I love the place. It felt quite homey. The guests are always outside enjoying the hammocks and the chairs by the beach. It is very close to the beach and the town which is good in case you need something.

The room is clean and they provide towels. Sometimes I feel like the water was about to go out during the shower but there is a pail and dipper provided in case you decide not to use the shower anymore.

I had an issue with the way they did my laundry. it had a dump funny smell. It turned out that when the afternoon drizzle came they transferred my laundry indoors inside a cabinet although they claimed that they kept the door open. Some of them I was able to use while some had to be washed again. Hopefully they learned from that mistake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank litrato101
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This small hotel ( it's more like village houses ) located in the best beach point of el Nido ! The rooms was nice and clean and the staff was very very nice.
The food is OK. Located on the beach with hammocks all over the place .
Will come again

• Stayed November 2012
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

El Nido is perhaps the most beautiful beach spot in the world. After about 10 days or so of touring the Philippines our feet landed in El Nido. We instantly fell in love with the area and the people. We chose Marina Garden as it is dead center on the beach. Great beach restaurants run up and down both sides of Marina Garden. The hotel rooms are basic, fairly small but clean. Our room had tv which we never turned on as we were always out exploring and eating great meals. Our room had a hot shower but I am pretty sure you have to pay a little extra for hot showers. The Wifi was fairly reliable. There is no power in El Nido from around 8 am to 2 pm every day. That never bothered us as we were either on the beach, snorkeling, hiking our sea kayaking. No power just added to the funky uniqueness that makes El Nido so cool. Breakfast is included and the beach cabana where breakfast and beer is served may be the best part of Marina Garden. We spent many hours drinking ice cold Red Horse while playing cribbage and watching the beach. There are a lot of commercial banca boats moored on the beach which are fun to watch come in and out but make swimming somewhat cluttered. The cabana is a great place at sunset too. Mars and Anna were AWESOME! They were super nice, made great breakfasts and served us way too many Red Horse beers throughout our stay. If you want super luxury this is not the place but if you want a great location, great beach cabana breakfast/bar, super nice staff and a very reasonably priced hotel on the beach then Marina is your place. I like luxury hotels but quite often you lose the local charm. Marina provides plenty of charm and local feel. Don't miss out on the best seafood in town at Squido's a few blocks away from the hotel. Also head to the beaches away from El Nido. They are amazing and much cleaner and clearer than the beach in El Nido. We swam everywhere with no issues. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SGumble
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The resort is in front of the police station. The beach front has a lot of rowdy drunk tourist. Not a safe place to bring kids even its in front of the police station.

Its near the local market area. No privacy and we doubted the security.

Stay at the more expensive resort.

El Nido is way Over rated!

Only a small clinic is their hospital. Small police station.

If you can afford to enjoy your vacation maybe go to Coron Palawan with lots of fabulous resorts and just go to Dos Palmas in Puerto Princessa

Brown out is frequently. Produce and meats are not delivered frequently. I wonder how people can serve good and safe foods in El Nido?

90 percent of our friends got sick in El Nido.

Safety first not only to security but also with food security.

If you to see El Nido stay in the upscale resort not the El Nido town area

I just filed a criminal case vs an American during our stay who attacked me in front of this resort. They were so drunk and high on drugs.
The security did nothing after I was atracked. I had to called the police... The local police... as usual...

El Nido has high crime rate. FYI.

Imagine 5 to 6 hours away from Puerto Princessa and only a clinic as hospital.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Bravo-Bien
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Marina Garden Beach Resort is conveniently located near restaurants, police station and souvenir shops. The rooms are small but with basic amenities like hot & cold showers, television and ac. Breakfast is good. I don't recommend swimming at their front beach though since a lot of tour boats are anchored there, hence, compromising the quality and cleanliness of the beach itself. Try Nacpan beach or Marimegmeg beach for swimming activities instead.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe, country villa room instead of native cottages. Country villa rooms are fairly new, mad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank christine h
manila
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Last April 28 -30, 2013, I had a great adventure at El Nido with my daughter and my sister's family. We stayed at Marina Garden beachfront hotel. My sister and family stayed at villa Rm. 3 while my daughter and I stayed at villa Rm.9, airconditioned and with hot shower. It was a corner room, not exactly facing the beach coz it was behind Rm 10 but good enough since we had windows at 2 sides of the room which were good sources of light when the power goes off from 6 am to 2 pm, (normal in El Nido). The room, bathroom and sheets were clean even if they were not really new. No odor and no wall stains. It was just a basic room with an old TV (which we did not use since we were out all the time), dresser, and clothes cabinet. The staff were friendly and accommodating. It was almost perfect (didn't expect much for such kind of hotels) except that they were not so keen about daily room housekeeping. I had already read in others' reviews that the rooms will be cleaned upon request only. So I requested for room make-up (even if our room was still clean... am meticulous with cleanliness) early in the morning and left the key with the front desk. There were 2 staff (charming and cheerful) and told me that it was good that I requested for it since they do not usually do housekeeping without requests (perhaps for the security of the guest's belongings, which I think was good). When we arrived early evening, we found the room untouched and not made up at all. I was very very disappointed because my request was properly acknowledged. When I complained at the front desk, I was told that there was a miscommunication and they would just clean the room when we leave for dinner. We didn't take the offer. Then I remembered reading in one of the reviews of the same incident, so I asked if it was really their style, which of course was denied. Well, the front desk staff was apologetic. I just couldn't get angry because Palawenos are really nice people.

During check-out, the staff didn't deduct the downpayment I made, which they required while I was still in Manila. Good thing I checked the billing (which I seldom do). No official receipt was issued, so I still had to ask for it.

Oh well... overall, it was still a nice place to stay in. When asked if I will go back? I will still say YES and recommend it to friends but will have to give them some tips so they will not have the same not so good experience. The location is great and security is perfect.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family