“***The Views Better Than The Resort***”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Nido
MaryGold Beachfront Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
“***The Views Better Than The Resort***”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed there in the month of july for 3 days,
We were offered free breakfast, the food they gave us we're presented in little portions and their dinning room were so small i think only 8 people could fit there.

We got 2 rooms(room 1&2), i would recommend people with four not to get those rooms even though its near the beach because its so small its so stressful to move,

The second day i was there and i took a shower which you have to use a bucket and in the water was little brown stuff that resembled poop so its very hard to shower or even toothbrush!

The tv dosnt even work at times so you have to keep calling over the guard to keep fixing it.

The good thing about this resort is the location the view is breathtaking, just amazing and their tours are very good, the people ready the food while you can take pictures or swim so your stressfree, i recommened you to take tour B! I wouldnt recommened you to take tour C because they take you to open waters unlike in tour B its sorround with other islands and its quite dangerous while we were there a family was stranded in an island because the waves were to strong so they had to sleep in the island called the Crocadile island.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Greenjojo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Klagenfurt
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am writing this review on behalf of one of my dearest friends. She just recently spend a wonderful vacation at that resort (but she does not write reviews herself), so therefore I am gonna be her ghostwriter :-)
My friend was very pleased, the Resort is very clean and tidy. The staff is just amazing, very welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful. She spend one week at the Marina Garden, in one of the newer rooms with aircondition. The beds were very comfy with fresh great smelling sheets. The staff was very helpful with organizing tours and giving suggestions, they are always around and make sure that everything runs smoothly. She really enjoyed her stay at the Marina Garden Beach Resort.

Room Tip: airconditioned is very helpful
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carry0676
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed July 30, 2012

One of the best choices in El Nido. It's located in the village, so you have plenty of bars and restaurants around. And at the same time, the rooms are right on the beach.There are different accomodation options. We stayed in a room with airconditioning and hot water (only in the evening, when electricity is available). The only downside were the mosquitos in the bathroom!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived at Marina Garden Resort on June 17, 2012. We were welcomed by the receptionist warmly...The room was very clean and they have strong water supply...almost everyone was very kind and "magalang"...you will always be greeted with warm smiles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Sukie C
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Amongst all beachfront accommodation, marina garden probably has the widest beachfront. It is conveniently located in the middle, everything else is within short walking distance. Do choose the new wing, for just around p2,000 it's airconditioned, cozy and clean (as compared to the older rooms that are fan cooled) The receptionists are also helpful and booked the island hopping tours on our behalf. Advance payment is not required, simply give them a call to make reservations.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing, called country villa, it is airconditioned with better facilities over it's...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank iamwanderlass
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My hubby and I were very happy we booked in this resort. We went to El Nido for a 3D2N stay through a travel agency. Like what every traveller should do especially if it's a first-time trip in the area, I searched the internet and saw good reviews of Marina Garden. I am pleased to say that the pictures I saw were much the same as what we enjoyed.

We arrived at the resort at around 130am after a tiring Roro bus ride from Puerto Princesa (we were not able to catch the last Van trip which was more comfortable.) Yes, the whole town was asleep when we got there except for a few people lingering the streets. We were scared the tricycle driver might take us to a different place, however we were glad to see that the resort entrance was fronting the police station. We knocked at the bamboo gate and the guard was expecting us, gave us our room key. We took the De Luxe room which I heard has a great view of the beach especially in the morning.

We awoke that morning because of the power failure which occurs daily at 6am-2pm. And again, it helps that one reads reviews so one would expect events as these hence not spoiling your trip whining. We got up early because it was hot inside the room. And there I saw the beautiful El Nido morning in the beachfront. There are 2 hammocks where you can lazily doze off. There are seats fronting the shoreline where we had coffee. Guests from the nearby resorts also spend time at the Marina Garden during breakfast because of the cozy view. We had free breakfast which was not that extravagant but was satisfying enough.

We opted for a private island hopping tour of packages A and C. Usually, tour of 5 islands per package (A, B and C) is done for 1 day. However, because we had limited time and wouldn't want to waste it (you'll never know if you'll get another chance to go back), and since it is a private one, we requested 2 island tour packages; we added a minimal amount though but it was worth it. We didn't have to wait for other guests to finish eating or taking pictures or swimming before we get to another destination. It was a wise choice because we had all the time to linger around. Because of this, we were to leave early at around 8am which didn't give time for our tour guide to prepare our (free) lunch. So we gave her money to buy us anything we can have for lunch and asked her to prep for the supposed lunch for dinner instead, which they gladly prepared in the resort mini-resto free of corkage fee. Marina Garden only serves and cooks breakfast. You can have lunch or dinner in the nearby restaurants/resorts.

We enjoyed our island tour; we were awed by the rock formations and views we saw hence texted the rest of our family of 25pax who were touring in PPC to try el nido too. We extended our accomodation for another day however our room was already booked for the next day so we transferred to another room on the roadside which was also cozy and clean. We were lucky that other bookings were cancelled hence were given to us for our relatives who were coming. They have a fan room which is not that warm in the afternoons because it's made of bamboo/wood.

On our second morning, we got the chance to roam around and saw the rest of the nearby resorts. We found out that Marina Garden has the best beachfront view indeed since there are few boats "parked" hence water was not 'oily'. We also noted a seemingly sewage water flowing from one of the expensive hotels in the other side of the shoreline. This was very surprising especially that it was obviously a far more classy resort than Marina Garden, but their beachfront was not looked after.

All in all, Marina Garden Resort added to our enjoyable and comfortable stay in El Nido. One can book straight to them and request for tour guides to arrange your tours for you. This is far cheaper. (I am commending Mharj Salvador, our licensed tour guide who was honest and very helpful; she did the bargaining and little errands for us. She is known to the staff of the resort.)Whether you are booked through a travel agency or straight to them, the room rates are the same. Apparently, they do not allow second parties to increase their rates.

I am a traveller and I value the worth of the money I spend everytime I visit places. I hope I did justice to the excellent service we got from the people of El Nido. I will definitely go back to Palawan because of these memories.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ebi_Baby
Cebu
Reviewed June 6, 2012

El Nido is truly a wonderful place and I'm quite satisfied with my stay at Marina Garden Beach Resort. We stayed at their townside rooms and I would say it was a typical room with the basic necessities provided. What sets Marina Garden apart is it's located along the beach with a really nice view and the place is very accessible. Their restaurant is also located where you can marvel at the view while enjoying a sumptuous meal.

I'm going back there this July as I fell in love with El Nido's beauty and I'll be staying at Marina Garden Beach Resort again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends