“Definitely going back!”

Our Melting Pot El Nido
Makati, Philippines
“Definitely going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing time at this hostel. Met a lot of cool new people and fellow travellers that eventually became my friends.

The hostel was new, everything was clean and still fresh. It was kind of small though, because the hostel itself was still under construction when I was there. But I'm sure it will be more spacious and cozy once completed.

Breakfast was pretty basic but good enough for me, I have no complain coz it's sort of an "eat all you can".

What I like most about this hostel are the staff, especially Rolly who made my solo trip so much fun and easy. Anyway, all the staff are friendly and accommodating. They would extend extra effort to make your stay worthwile and convenient. They also booked all my island hopping tours and suggested more things to do and places to visit. Rolly particularly would go his way to accompany you, show you around and even hang with you and connect you to other guests if he could.

I miss everything about this place. Everything was lovely; the beaches, the islands, the small town, the people of El Nido and of course OMP. Surely,one of the most memorable trips I've ever had. I will definitely go back next year. See you in summer!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Hi guys,
Just sending you this e-mail to let you know that we had such a great time with you, It was very short only one night, but we felt so welcome with you, you'r very helpful and as the weather wasn't that good, we'r planning to come back here soon, we want to keep in touch with you because you'r awesome!

Cheers

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Brilliant Hostel a minute away from the main bars and restaurants, and EL NIDO beach. Rolly (the manager) and the staff are amazing, and he will help you arrange anything from island camping, to going to Unexplored beaches, and even hiking up Taraw, which has fabulous view of EL NIDO from the top. This was my 4th time in EL NIDO and obviously my first at OMP as it was not there my previous 3 visits. Once the 1st floor and rooftop are completed, it would be even better! Very sociable hostel. Book in advance over the Philippine Summer time (April and May) as they do get booked up. Can't wait to go back next year....

• Stayed May 2014
cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had an excellent stay at this hostel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It was a good place to relax and see the beautiful island all around. I went on two island hopping tours organised by Rolly who really knew the area well. Also the breakfast that was included really made the place worth the money. Will be back again one day!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Eva, Rolly, Nong, and the rest of the IMP crew are there to make our stay as convenient as possible. The Hostel is positioned at the center of the town and is a walk away from the beach front. The room I'm in suffices the requirements of a solo backpacker... shower has hot and cold water and the pressure is sufficient, toilet is clean, the bunk bed is clean, air condition provisions a comfortable sleep, and included breakfast is sufficient to pump-in morning energy.

I like the way how the Hostel is facilitated for instance in their choice of implementing a no shoes and sleepers inside the hostel to maintain cleanliness inside. Even though there is a scheduled power service interruption everyday for 8 hours, and even though the WiFi all around the town is crappy, they still made it to the best of their capability to provide a Mobile WiFi USB Dongle to the customers when requested or needed which is nice I think.

But the best thing that I like with OMP El Nido is how the crew blends well with the customers. Its not just because they are friendly but also they go out with customers for a drink and talk honestly, just talk randomly, go with the tour or just hang out... plus they sing well on Karaoke.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I felt right at home in Our Melting Pot. It has the friendliest and best staff (!), even going beyond the call of duty. Eva, one of the staff offered to take me and my friend to a beautiful spot - Maremegmeg - on her day-off! While we were kayaking, we didn't know that she was already buying fresh fish which she was planning to cook for our lunch (for free!) as a "despedida" or send-away treat as we were leaving that afternoon. Rolly, the head staff also got us discount for our island tour and is very friendly as well. The hostel is small, modest but clean. But what it lacks in space it more than makes up for in service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cree_Travels
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I love love love this place. Perhaps a little biased as I stayed for 10 days. I think El Nido is a hidden treasure of the Philippines and I hope it stays that way.

OMP hostel is awesome and the reason it shines is because of the staff: Rolly so friendly and knowledgeable, Eva so kind hearted and caring, Jimson so sweet and made me laugh, Nong a great singer at karaoke, and Irwe and Donna happy to help with everything and all so hard working. I was really unwell for most of the week so would normally feel homesick but my hostel family helped look after me.

Breakfast is simple and cereal and condiments with bread is all you need. It's nice not to have to venture out to find it yourself.

The rooms are small but beds spacious and really comfy but if your a traveller you know you can't have everything anyway. The AC works well and rooms are swept regularly.

The power going off is not a problem as your most likely out for the day when it's off anyway. The only thing I recommend is to make sure you have money for your whole stay as there are no ATMs and getting money through a restaurant will cost you 8%.

The beaches are stunning here and you get to ride in the cool tricycles around the island. Even though it rained a lot being the start of rainy season it didn't bother me as I completed my open water dive course and had the best time. The corals are amazing especially at South Miniloc.

We also held out for a day of sunshine and went on tour C around many beautiful beaches and islands. The staff joined us, and we got a fantastic lunch on the beach. At night you can either go to karaoke to let your hair down or to the reggae bar to have a dance.

Even in 10 days I only scratched the surface and there are plenty more water sports, more diving, climbing and beaches to explore. El Nido I will be back and I will be staying in OMP.

Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014