All reviews water cottage el nido resorts chef carlos small lagoon limestone cliffs private dinner overwater bungalow our honeymoon all inclusive package boat ride song and dance private airport sunset cruise resort staff activity coordinators dive master marine life
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Lagen Island Resort.
This trip was for our honeymoon.

We flew in by Airswift and direct by car then a quick boat ride from El Nido airport, highly recommended.

The staff were attentive and welcoming.
The head chef made delicious traditional Filipino dishes and also made some excellent western classics.

Overall our stay was a memorable one with plenty of memories.

We will definitely return when the timing is right.

We highly recommend the water cottage. It is updated and modern.

We wanted to rate the resort an 4.5/5. Minus the 0.5 only because there was no beachfront body of water that you can easily access and swim to your liking. Although the other side of the island could be accessed via kayak or a speed boat will gladly take you there and pick you up whenever you are ready.

See you again soon!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerome C
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed in 4-digit per night rooms but nothing compares to the service and care we felt at El Nido, Lagen! We traveled during Spring Break with our 8 year old and 12 year old, stayed a week. We were entertained the entire time.

A few call-outs:
* Hanie helped us organize an eco-community outreach at a nearby island whereby we cleaned a beach and donated books to a school. The students were beyond engaging and the experience is still our highlight of the year! Hanie was passionate about her job and we learned so much about the resort and island that made us enjoy and appreciate our time there even more.
* Elli was our tour guide for “Tour 2” and fishing. He made sure we had the best pictures, caught enough fish, his energy was contagious and he took our kids to the best areas at Miniloc for snorkeling. He even gave my husband his own flip flops when my husband’s blew out! He goes down as the best tour guide in history!
* Titing the Dive Master knew I was apprehensive while my son wanted nothing other than to dive. He walked the fine line of encouragement with lighthearted professionalism and we dove ... TWICE because it was that awesome. Truly full of awe! To this day, my kids still sing his song “I spend my time under water ...”
* Gamie the bartender / waiter has a sweet soul with a kind smile. He knew what we liked and catered to us, making us feel at home. He was inclusive of our kids, making sure they were full of fresh mangos at all times! He was part of our daily patterns!

We would love to return! And we recommend this hotel to all our friends!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Crista L
Reviewed December 3, 2017

What a lovely spot - hidden away from the hustle and bustle of large Philippine cities El Nido is a beautiful oasis and Lagen Island resort is a wonderful way to experience it. We stayed in a water cottage - our deck looked out onto the beautiful cove and we were able to sit there at sunset and enjoy the remarkable colors as the sun went down. The spa is fabulous - I totally recommend indulging in a massage - your body with thank you!

Make sure to do an island's tour - snorkeling or diving in the area is spectacular!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2017

It has been 16 days since I was captivated by Lagen Island.Until now I am still in awe of how amazing my experiences were.Arriving in the morning was the best decision and that gave us the advantage of maximizing our time at the resort.The resort has a refreshingly unpretentious vibe when we came. We were greeted by Ms. Jen and her group with wonderful songs and dance and some refreshments.

We stayed in the beachfront cottage which is spectacular as it is facing their famous Lagen Rock. They even put a welcome basket of mangoes in our room,what a sweet gesture! The room is absolutely stunning and I love the design of their bathroom.
Never have I been to a resort where they put customized and personalized messages for guests. This is a big deal for me because it means they genuinely care for their guests.

Another thing that amazes me is that they have a suggested itenerary that we can follow and I should say we definitely did almost all activities that have been suggested. The resort offered complimentary snorkelling gear,kayaks, and paddle boards which we took advantage of. We were so delighted to try both tours that included lunch, The water sports activity at Dibuluan specially the hobiecat and snorkeling was superb.

Our special thanks to Benjie, Loverboy and Elli who exhibited great skills and utmost knowledge in their respective abilities. They definitely represent the authenticity of El Nido and to Frank who assisted us on our lunch at Dibuluan.

When it comes to food they definitely have an edge for world class dining.We had breakfast and dinner buffet for 3 days and I have to say they offer sumptuous array of different food for different palate,from seafoods to salads. We are so fortunate as well to enjoy a bamboo raft dinner under the stars during our first night. That was just a complete stellar!!! Five thumbs up.To dine in the middle of the sea with our private Chef Jonel and waitstaff Klein and Daisy who escorted us going to our private dinner was magical and truly memorable.

World class staffing: an asset that Lagen should be proud of. From very confident tourist guides to waitstaff they have a ready and contagious smile to meet every guest in the resort.

My opinion, even if I just stayed in Lagen alone their breathtaking pool, spectacular sunset and sunrise and turtquoise lagoon will readily offer serenity and tranquility at its best. However the need to explore the surroundings have always been my kind of adventure. Here are some of the beach we explored: Dibuluan Beach, Snake Island, Miniloc Island (where we ate breakfast), Big, and Small Lagoons,Entalula Island (where we ate our Picnic Lunch) and Pinagbuyutan Beach.Going to the Lagoons we were able to avoid traffic and we enjoyed every bit of our time there, kayaking and just genuinely appreciative and being one with nature.

If asked what reasons I have in coming back to Lagen, I would say Lagens' outstanding staff, great food and breathtaking sceneries in and around the Island.

Again, Thank you to all Lagen Island Resort staff for making my vacation, first class!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank maida c
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night (Water Cottage) but I would recommend at least 2 nights' stay to capture the beauty of this magical island. Make sure to ask for room 109 it's the best.

We were initially confused between Miniloc Island Resort and Lagen Island Resort (both are by the same management). We passed by Miniloc Resort during a Island hopping tour and can say that Lagen was the right choice. While the setup and layout of the resorts are almost identical, Lagen had a richness which seemed lacking in Miniloc. Miniloc seemed more rustic, and did not seem to have the lagoon - ocean entrance which transformed Lagen into the stuff of dreams.

Reaching there: We took a shared van from PPS airport (6 hours drive) to the pick up port since we were flying in from Cebu. We paid 500 peso per person from PPS to Corong - Corong Bus Terminal. From there you have to take a tricycle to Casa Kalaw (300 pesos) to catch the complimentary speed boat to Lagen Island. The speed boat is at 730 AM and 1230 PM but confirm before reaching there. A flight from Manila to El Nido airport is a better option and the resort will arrange a complimentary pick up.

Pros: Extraordinary location, and the resort has a private beach. Sea cottages are built ON the lagoon which opens into the ocean. Complimentary snorkelling, kayaking, bird watching, forest hike, sunrise and sunset cruise make sure that you have plenty to do. Diving, massages, and island tours can be paid for. Staff is very helpful and polite. Great biodiversity since it's an eco resort. Snorkelling at the beach may not be possible due to jellyfish and plankton but the complimentary snorkelling around turtle island is quite fun (mostly corals and small fish). Catch happy hour drinks from 4-6 pm (highly recommend the Liza Sunset). Make sure to inform the property of your activities in advance to avoid availability issues.

Specials: Complimentary bottle of wine was delicious and really added to our honeymoon experience. Keep an eye out for the awesome Monitor Lizard.

Con: restaurant staff had no idea about the preparation of meals and couldn't answer simple qs regarding the meals (the server was unable to tell us the assortment of meats in the seafood pasta). If allergic please inform upfront. Otherwise it's perfect.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple