The setting for the resort has to be one of the most beautiful in the world, or at least the most beautiful one we have ever visited.Tranquility, nature, picturesque surroundings and heartbreakingly beautiful views from the balcony of our water cottage. However, the service was consistently inconsistent, from day one. . All the staff was very friendly, with most genuine smile. But since it's a five star resort with an adequate price tag, I have to mention the non five star service. I could write a whole list of things, ranging from the wrong drinks & food being brought to us, the wrong bill, long waiting times at the restaurant, with you getting the staff attention to order something. In addition, we thought the food was pretty average.
The same applies to the pool staff - don't expect to be waited upon. If you want anything-food, drink, towel, you need to go to the bar.
The reception staff was friendly and helpful, but again, the attention to detail wasn't there- we were forgotten on the other side of the island where you can hike to and return by canoe on the water. We patiently waited for over an hour on the beach to realise no canoe is coming, but luckily we had a mobile phone to call for assistance. .
The water cottage we stayed in was gorgeous, with balcony overlooking a vista we will never forget. But even here, you had to remind the room staff to refill your drinking water and replace a laundry bag. I was also quite surprised that the room had no hot drinks facility.
To sum it up- it's the perfect place for relaxation and peace and quiet, giving you a feeling you will long for after you left, just don't expect five star service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island