El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
Cadlao Resort(El Nido)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswater cottageel nido resortschef carlosprivate dinnersmall lagoonoverwater bungalowour honeymoonlimestone cliffsboat rideall inclusive packagesong and danceactivity coordinatorssunset cruiseprivate airportthe resort managerpaddle boardsspa services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We LOVED this resort! We went on our honeymoon and found this resort to be absolutely perfect. The staff were organized and welcoming, the cabins were modern and clean, the food was good. The activities were great - island hopping for a small fee or kayaks, snorkels, paddle boards for free. The private lagoon at the resort is amazing for these activities - it is so calm and actually has a great reef for snorkeling. The massages were wonderful and reasonable priced... Overall we were just blown away with how beautiful the resort is. The pool was clean and made a great place to take a happy hour cocktail and look out on the islands dotting the landscape. Highly recommended for an amazing vacation!

Room Tip: We loved the beachfront rooms! The are closer to the restaurant/spa and over water like the other cabins.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LaureninMoz
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is my family's first time to El Nido Lagen Resort. It is the perfect place for relaxation and family bonding. Our kids are preteens to teenagers and Lagen is perfect for us. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Bathrooms are well maintained and clean. The activities they provide are fun filled and highlights the beauty of marine life unique to Palawan.

What makes El Nido special are the people working there. Ms Joedy their reception manager takes the time during meal time to talk to each table, know our names, and try to find our if there are other things we may need. Talk about personalize service! Then there are the different activity coordinators who makes the schedules, makes followups and makes adjustments according to each requirements. Imagine how they juggle the schedules for each guests! The most unforgetable for us was our guide Randy. We have tried snorkeling in Boracay, Mactan Cebu and Club Paradise Palawan. But Randy is a league of his own. He knows the territory and he makes snorkeling fun!

The icing on the cake is the simple and special birthday celebration they provided for my daughter. They provided a small private lunch for us then serenaded my daughter with a birthday song. This is a family bonding trip we will never forget!

Room Tip: Room tip : we got the beachfront cottage. This is excellent, quiet and our room 125-126 is directly in front of the library where we use for internet purposes and play card games.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jnc_8
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family enjoyed Lagen in our first trip to Palawan. The resort is a virtual nature preserve. My son was engrossed in checking every animal he saw in the resort animal guide that was provided. The rooms are a bit tired looking but efforts to conserve and reduce waste, I think, are worthwhile. I appreciate how the resort also support local families through employment and purchase and use of their local products.

The staff at El Nido truly make you feel welcome. Everybody is genuinely friendly and proud of what El Nido and Palawan can offer. Pre set guided tours and acitivites also take away the pressure of deciding and planning on what to do.

Would love to come back again.

Room Tip: Beach front or one of the water cottages.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cbmaria
Reviewed May 14, 2013

First of if you are not going to read the rest of my review at least read the title. 2 nights in Paradise is too short and just like you, I was researching most of the review of tripadvisor members. So I am giving back.

I made a video of this trip, hope this will convince you enough :) Watch if you have time

Book the earliest flight from Manila ITI at 7:00AM so that you still have the full day in resort and on your way back book the 5PM flight so you still have things to do your last day. If you have contact person in Manila, they might give some discount for local people. They accept credit card.

From the ITI terminal in Manila, all the worry goes away, bags are taken care of and you will see your bag in your room when you arrive at the island. There is coffee and pastries in the ITI terminal (this is not in Domestic terminal OK). So you can skip breakfast at home

Once you arrive in El Nido airport after a 55minute flight, there are local treats again and pastries. another 45 minute boat ride you will arrive in the Island and I can even recall very well how beautiful it is.(thanks to modern technology of HD video)

I traveled with my family with two young kids, the swimming pool was our main reason in staying here. Also I chatted with fellow tourist who are staying in Miniloc, they said the food in Lagen is better. For me it was OK I am not a foodie person, however what I love are those small treats like a "Champurado" (chocolate fudge oatmeal is how I can describe it). And then plenty of mango and water melon. I am not a buffet fan yet I appreciate the variety of the available food.

There are so many activities that 2 days will not be enough. There are set schedule of activities, the guest coordinator will give you suggestions depending on your interest. We hiked, kayak, island hop, bird watch, picnic, rock climb just so many activities.

I would have given this a 4.5 star because of the price but overall we have a very memorable holiday in this paradise. I am an active person and if you can see in the video, I tried everything there.

Biong our tour guide I have to highlight and thank him coz we went back to the Cathedral area, where this limestone cave was, the first time we were there on our 2nd day from Island hoping, there were so many boats on queue and I did not get to snorkle in the cathedral, but on the 3rd day he directed the boat to go back. Just amazing service.

All of the people in Lagen are very very helpful, also Julie (a guy) who was our guide in Big and small lagoon, was very nice to kayak with my wife and younger son, While I go with my eldest son. He was also our guide hike, Ok the hike was just OK, so you can skip them as it is a bit rough. I hike a lot here in Seattle, but there in Lagen the hike was uphill rough and lots of mosquito, my 5 1/2 year old son made it. On the way back , you can organize a kayak returning to the resort, its 15-20 minutes kayak but the hike is around 30-40 minutes depends on your health condition. End of the trail is called cove 2.0 also a good snorkeling area

Kuya Randy who serenade us every dinner just makes it sooo nice, oh well i can't tell you how memorable those songs are. I do hope you can visit this place, it was voted #3 best beach in the world by one of international travel magazine

The picnic lunches are just very nicely located, bring your snorkle and fin (From resort) the snorkeling is also nice on the right side if you are facing ocean.

Probably best snorkeling spot that time I was there was in Miniloc as there were a lot of fish that time and it made my freedive very memorable, this area is outside of the miniloc docking again on the right side.

Lagen has beautiful corals so dont miss that too.

Here again is my video compilation.

Room Tip: For families with kids, go to the forest room or beach room near the center where the restaurant is. The only time it was noisy was when there was a cultural dance. We stayed in a beach front room that is adjacent to another room, but we did not hear any noise at all from our fellow tourist. If you go on the right most (facing the ocean) there will be a lot of walking for you. If you plan to go out often in the island hoping, maybe choose the left side cottages as there is the pier. But that will be a bit busy as all tourist walk there often.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank w_camera_will_travel
Reviewed May 13, 2013

El Nido Lagen is a perfect place to stay for relaxation. The surroundings are well kept and clean. The guests are encouraged to help in keeping the environment clean, they even give a short talk on being environment friendly, by bringing a small bag with you, which they provide, and to pick up any trash that you see around.
The area fronting the resort is where you can swim, kayak, snorkel. We were lucky to see many different varieties of fish, just by standing near the pier. The resort also offers a guided walking tour in the morning, around the island where you can see different species of birds ( i have personally seen 5) , some monitor lizards, and monkeys.
The swimming pool was only 4 feet, which is ok for me- wont drown in that "depth" .
Accommodation : we stayed in a forest room which was Filipino-themed. There was a veranda with a view of the pool. There was a wooden stand for wet clothes to hang - which i loved, your swimwear gets to dry easily there. Not all resorts have that.
The bed was very comfy. and firm. We originally had a queen bed, but my roommate and i wanted 2 separate beds, and the staff eagerly accommodated our request and with a smile. There was complimentary drinking water in a thermos which you can also request in case you consumed it. There was A safe , flat screen tv and a Bose alarm/radio. The bathroom had a bidet; shampoo and bath gel were placed in vase containers. You do need to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. you can request for a hair dryer, for free, since it was not readily available in the room.
There were 2 pairs of native slippers , but the cabinet only had 2 hangers. There were uimbrellas available near your doorstep, in case its raining or sunny when you need to go to the dining hall.
i saw a ping pong table near the boutique, but did not have a chance to play. There was a library with 2 desk top computers, adjacent to a spa.
DO catch sunrise and sunset in El Nido Lagen. Very romantic, very peaceful.
Do not forget your sunblock and your mosquito repellent lotions - for your island hopping

Room Tip: For more privacy, choose the Water Cottages
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business