We decided to book this resort for the 2nd half of our honeymoon. The pictures looked amazing and reviews really positive. The whole experience was amazing from start to finish. From the time you get to the ITI check in area (beautifully decorated building with drinks and snack for before the flight) to the time you get to the resort, everything was really great and they do make sure you feel special. The flight was eventless and with very nice views. Then you transfer to El Nido town to catch the boat to the resort. We got to El Lagen at sunset and were in awe with the place's beauty. Magnificient cove with beautiful water villas, a stunning swimming pool with big cliffs for background.
We decided to book the full board option which was good as we enjoyed the buffet 3 times a day. We thought that the variety of food was great and of good quality too. The drinks weren't too expensive except for the wines. The good thing with El Nido Resorts is the amount of activity that they have. We had breakfast in another resort (Miniloc) and then lunch on different islands... all this included in our package. It was a nice treat to have meals in different places without being charged extra and being able to have lunch on a stunning white sand beach with turquoise waters.
El Lagen has a nice 25m swimming pool, a small gym with 2 treadmills, a bike, a stepper and some free weights which is good to shed those kilos gained at the buffet. The trail that goes over to the other beach was nice as well althought challenging for some i'm sure. We could kayak around the resort, snorkel in front of the resort (great house reef)...
We stayed in an overwater villa which was nice. I read a lot about the room being a bit dated.... i agree but then it didnt bother us at all.
All in all, a superb experience there, we spent 6 nights there and could have stayed longer for sure. Stunning location, great staff, good resort. It is a bit pricey but for a special occasion, don't hesitate... you won't be disappointed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island