This is one deserted island you won't be bored in. El Nido is a very organized group of resorts that is well managed and has a lot of activities to keep you and the family busy.
Rooms - the cabanas over the water are the way to go. The rooms do need updating as they are old and dated, the ammenities are basic.
Food - the hotel meals are part of the package and all meals are buffet. The food is good, not great, but they do try to offer variety for the stay.
Activities - definitely sign up for the different activities they offer - from diving, snorkeling, fishing, picnic in another island, cayaking, boating in a lagoon
Beach - Lagen itself has a very small beach, with a small shore line but the hotel has activities where they bring you to different islands in the area to see nicer beaches, take advantage of this.
We also went to a wedding here during another trip and it is the perfect place for a small wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island