El Nido Palawan is definitely a must place to go during ones lifetime. Brought the whole family including mother in law to this beautiful multiple island paradise. Regardless of price, one has to experience the beauty, serenity and the magic of El Nido, Palawan. We stayed at Lagen Island due to the suggestion if we are bringing young kids along, the resort offers a pool for their use and true enough after 1 whole day of island hopping and snorkling at the different islands where my 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son got scared/shocked from their first time snorkling experience at Miniloc where they were greeted by huge jack fishes along the breakwater... After that close encounter it was a good thing we stayed at Lagen... my kids were just too happy to stay out of the sea and be super contented to be just in the pool.
We had an unforgettable stay... views from our room was breathetaking and one could simply sit in the verandah the whole day staring at the signature sight of the resorts tall limestone formations. Rooms and rest rooms was clean, aircon was cold and very handy tool to beat the very hot weather and high humidity we experienced everyday for 3 nights and 4 days. Hotel staffs were all accomodating, professionals and always had warm smiles to show. The resort easily arranged our private island hoping tour. The guide assigned to us during our islands adventure (I think his name was Raffy) was very knowledgeable with the local geography and the local culture and he easily answered all our queries. This island hoping adventure is definitely a must when one visits El Nido. After an adventurous day we availed of the spa services of the resort.... it was great despite being a bit pricey.... it was all worth it! Even our 4 year old daughter enjoyed her 30min foot spa and had good words to say about it. Me and my mother in law had the traditional Filipino hilot massage while my wife had a spa package.... no complains of the service whatsoever! Everyone was very satisfied!
Some observations we noticed during our stay are the following: 1. to have more pool bartenders/waiters on standby in the pool area especially during the weekends. During our stay there was only 1 assigned to the area and when there were multiple orders for food and drinks, the staff assigned was nowhere to be found. 2. Food was generally ok but was expecting more seafood variety like crabs, maybe lobsters, mussels, clams etc. Though we had shrimps, local fish, squid and oysters during our stay they were not out of the ordinary. 3. One thing I took notice was after swimming with the kids last Sunday morning, the pool attendant requested us to leave our towels in the pool area instead of allowing us to bring them to the rooms which was allowed during the previous days. His reason is because he was running out of towels and he was expecting more guests to use the pool... my point was I had 2 young kids who were wet and needed towels to cover themselves up after a swim to go the rooms. For adults maybe ok but kids needs the towels to cover themselves up. This was sort of a turn off for me. 4. The aircon at the main dining lounge was not strong enough to accomodate the size of the whole room especially during summer... having a cool room to have lunch or dinner would have been an added comfort. 5. Pillows in the rooms were too soft for me and kinda low... had a slight stiff neck when i woke up.
Overall, we will definitely plan again in the very near future for another trip to El Nido maybe to the new island opening this October.... After being here, I do not see why Filipinos would go anywhere else in the world to have a good vacation to get sun, sand and sea....it's all here in the Philippines!!!! Thanks for all the lovely memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island