“DEFINITELY PARADISE... PERFECT FAMILY GETAWAY!”

El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Reviewed April 30, 2012

El Nido Palawan is definitely a must place to go during ones lifetime. Brought the whole family including mother in law to this beautiful multiple island paradise. Regardless of price, one has to experience the beauty, serenity and the magic of El Nido, Palawan. We stayed at Lagen Island due to the suggestion if we are bringing young kids along, the resort offers a pool for their use and true enough after 1 whole day of island hopping and snorkling at the different islands where my 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son got scared/shocked from their first time snorkling experience at Miniloc where they were greeted by huge jack fishes along the breakwater... After that close encounter it was a good thing we stayed at Lagen... my kids were just too happy to stay out of the sea and be super contented to be just in the pool.

We had an unforgettable stay... views from our room was breathetaking and one could simply sit in the verandah the whole day staring at the signature sight of the resorts tall limestone formations. Rooms and rest rooms was clean, aircon was cold and very handy tool to beat the very hot weather and high humidity we experienced everyday for 3 nights and 4 days. Hotel staffs were all accomodating, professionals and always had warm smiles to show. The resort easily arranged our private island hoping tour. The guide assigned to us during our islands adventure (I think his name was Raffy) was very knowledgeable with the local geography and the local culture and he easily answered all our queries. This island hoping adventure is definitely a must when one visits El Nido. After an adventurous day we availed of the spa services of the resort.... it was great despite being a bit pricey.... it was all worth it! Even our 4 year old daughter enjoyed her 30min foot spa and had good words to say about it. Me and my mother in law had the traditional Filipino hilot massage while my wife had a spa package.... no complains of the service whatsoever! Everyone was very satisfied!

Some observations we noticed during our stay are the following: 1. to have more pool bartenders/waiters on standby in the pool area especially during the weekends. During our stay there was only 1 assigned to the area and when there were multiple orders for food and drinks, the staff assigned was nowhere to be found. 2. Food was generally ok but was expecting more seafood variety like crabs, maybe lobsters, mussels, clams etc. Though we had shrimps, local fish, squid and oysters during our stay they were not out of the ordinary. 3. One thing I took notice was after swimming with the kids last Sunday morning, the pool attendant requested us to leave our towels in the pool area instead of allowing us to bring them to the rooms which was allowed during the previous days. His reason is because he was running out of towels and he was expecting more guests to use the pool... my point was I had 2 young kids who were wet and needed towels to cover themselves up after a swim to go the rooms. For adults maybe ok but kids needs the towels to cover themselves up. This was sort of a turn off for me. 4. The aircon at the main dining lounge was not strong enough to accomodate the size of the whole room especially during summer... having a cool room to have lunch or dinner would have been an added comfort. 5. Pillows in the rooms were too soft for me and kinda low... had a slight stiff neck when i woke up.

Overall, we will definitely plan again in the very near future for another trip to El Nido maybe to the new island opening this October.... After being here, I do not see why Filipinos would go anywhere else in the world to have a good vacation to get sun, sand and sea....it's all here in the Philippines!!!! Thanks for all the lovely memories!

Room Tip: Either stay in the water cottages near the clubhouse, at the forest rooms or beach front cottages wo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank PeggyLove

Reviewed April 28, 2012

(April 2011)

When I heard about this place, I was quite hesitant with the price tag associated with it even being all inclusive. From the moment the private charter landed, I was blown away with the scenery from the boat right to the hotel and the welcoming reception of singers.

The selection of food was also excellent ranging from the precooked and the fresh cooked right outside with the chefs. I think this is the most I've eaten on a trip in a very long time.

Our room was amazing and comfortable. It had the feeling of a wooded retreat but retained all it's modern aspects. The Water Cottage was built on stilts so when the high tide came in, the place looked absolutely amazing with the the cottages in surrounding the lagoon with the high forested cliff background. The afternoon showers also made for a great place to hang out on your balcony and just take a nap.

The staff was very helpful and most attentive. They even remembered out names after the first day as we strolled through the property. Our even coordinator was very helpful in arranging out activities and made sure everything we wanted to do fits us.

I absolutely loved this place and the surrounding. It was peaceful and definitely a place to go for relaxation and to be one with your surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aznboi88
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for 5 days in early April 2012. And have to say it's the most beautiful place we've ever seen. From the ancient limestone mountains and islands that scatter Bacuit bay, the clear blue water and to the abundant sea life, pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it to really take in the spectacular scenery! We stayed at Lagen Island and the first thing you notice are the two limestone cliffs that watch over the cove like it's protecting it, it's an awesome sight. We stayed in the forest room overlooking the pool and enjoyed our stay very much. We were comfortable everyday and every night. Alot of reviews here have complained about the quality of the food, well don't listen to them. The food was delicioius and plenty of choices from breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are plenty of activities during your stay from snorkelling, kayaking or just island hop to one of the nearby beach clubs for a tan. I recommend a day out to Entalula beach with it's white powdery sand and clear warm blue water. I also recommend the sunset tour out on Bacuit bay for the most stunning sunset you'll ever see. Everything is organised for you. You can even go over to Miniloc island and enjoy the facilities there. I recommend organising a private lunch on a private beach. The thing that really stood out was the excellent customer service. They really go out of their way to make sure you truly enjoy your stay. We have found our spiritual home and hope to be back next year!

Room Tip: if you choose to stay in a forest room, stay on the top floor that overlooks the pool and the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank izzfran
Reviewed April 16, 2012

It's been years since we stayed here for our honeymoon.. I just have to say that it's such a beautiful resort, with excellent service and rooms! We stayed in a beautiful sea view room. My husband and I got sick there, and they had a resident doctor who gave us medicines. The activity coordinators were very organized. My most memorable activity there was having a romantic dinner in a private island... It was only the 4 of us in the island, me, my husband, the waiter, and the boatman. Somehow, the waiter only appeared when he's needed so it was just me and my husband most of the time.. The island was lit only by torches and candles and the full moon (and a couple of fireflies).. The waiter even brought a portable cd player so we'll have some nice background music. What a lovely memory! For honeymooners, please do book for the private dinner. It's well worth it! Try going to Miniloc as well (boat trip).. you can do some snorkelling right by the shore.. some of the fish are really BIG!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsItchyfeet
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I travelled to Lagen with my family, together it was an enjoyable experience. The beach side cottages and excellent service are definitely going to be remembered.
I hope to be back at Lagen soon!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed April 9, 2012

There is NO place more beautiful in the Philippines.
In fact, I don't think I've ever been in a more beautiful setting anywhere else on the planet...
Accessible only by boat, Lagen island is the jewel in the crown of the El Nido resort group which also includes Miniloc island (a bit more casual and just a 30 minute boat ride away).
You will have the most relaxing vacation ever... day excursions to private islands, deserted beaches, snorkeling, fish feeding, secret lagoons... And all amidst the crystal clear clean blue waters of Bacuit Bay.
Food at Lagen was good but not as good as Amanpulo... ( see my other review of that lovely spot) but certainly good enough to rate 4 stars. (And this trip was over 5 years ago so it's probably been improved under the new owners).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RGSantaMonica
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I had 5 glorious days at El Nido. If you want to escape the noisy night life and just relax doing nothing or snorkelling / swimming the coral/fishes without another person in sight then this is the place for you. Absolutely beautiful. All staff very professional and accommodation and food first class. We hope to return one day.

Room Tip: If staying in forest room or suite it is better being on the 2nd level rather than the ground level...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple