I'll start with how awseome the trip was to Miniloc island and i'm definitely visiting again.. we went there on our honeymoon and we could not have picked a better place, it was perfect! as we reached the resort the staff welcomed us with the local song and dance along with the welcome drink (coconut based). then we were escorted to the dining area for buffet lunch and the food was excellent.
we were the only vegetarians on the island but the staff and the chef made sure we never went hungry, they always had vegetarian options made for us specifically. Also a special thanks to our chef Benjo who made the tastiest vegetarian food for us everyday. They also packed us vegetarian sandwiches for the flight back.. It was very nice of them to remember that, we were very touched by the gesture and how they went out of their way to take care of the guests. they were genuinely some of the nicest people and never said no to any requests. The hospitality is the biggest USP of the resort IMO.
Coming back to the island , its a piece of paradise and we never wanted to leave after a five day trip.. We stayed in the cliff cottage which was a duplex and very comfortable for the two of us. I would suggest you opt for the cliff cottage instead of the garden cottage as the price is same but its much more spacious. But its a bit of a climb to the cliff cottage so you might wanna consider that keeping your age in mind.
The activities were very occupying and fun, we never got bored at the island inspite of no tv. They have enough activities for everybody's liking. Raymond, our activity guide taught us snorkelling since we had never snorkelled before and he went out of his way to help us. A special thanks to him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island