We stayed at El Nido Resort Miniloc Island for a friends wedding for 5 nights in April, As soon as we where met by the staff at the airport the service was always second to none, we where greeted and taken on the EL Nido Jeepney to the boat which was taking us to the Island the cases where being collected and taken direct to our rooms so we didnt have to worry about this.
Have your cameras out as you will want to take ALOT of photos on the way and on arrive and even a video camera for all the welcoming songs etc, the scenery was amazing and on arrival it was even more beautiful the Island is on its own private beach with water cottages, beach cottages mountain cottages etc.
We where greeted with a welcome song and induction.
We stayed in a beach front cottage upstairs which had nicer views etc (i think if i had known it was upstairs i would have chosen to stay on ground level with the kids it would have been easier but upstairs had better views, although upstairs had very high ceiling ) the rooms are very authentic and quite basic for the price (think it might be time to upgrade them a bit for the price, but everything else is quite amazing) the rooms are very clean, not very big or spacious, the kids slept on a bed which was made up on the side of the room at no extra cost (which i believe all rooms have as a sofa space area not sure) both beds where very comfortable there is AC, Safe, fridge, hair dryer and bathroom offers shampoo/Conditioner and body wash.
The food was nice not much options but that was fine with us.
All Excusions where included which is a must we visited the big and small lagoons beautiful and island hopped to some other islands, had a private beach BBQ with friends which they staff went above and beyond for. Snorkeling and Kayaking around Miniloc is also very nice, the place is just paradise.
The beach is nice (just watch out for the jelly fish) there is no pool, Lagen has a pool but we preferred it at Miniloc as its more authentic, Lagen was more modern, and im not sure how child friendly Lagen is as there is a rules notice up by pool saying no loud noises, basically no loud kids play etc but still very beautiful for couples who want piece and quiet.
The resort also offers great massages by the water cottages.
Yes its expensive but everything is included, all meals and activities, hire or snorkels etc
We where greeted with smiles and throughout our stayed smiles and we left and the staff where still friendly and smiling, the service was excellent i couldnt fault this place, the staff looked after us and if we needed anything there was always someone there to help. The staff where all very sincere
Its very child friendly, the staff always help with the kids on and off boats. They have a childrens activity center but its not worth using it probably only downside, needs cleaning up and more childrens activities would be great. Just a note our children are 4 and nearly 3. if they where any younger i think we would have struggled its a very beachy holiday with a lot of sun.
The resort also offers baby sitting which we used for the wedding, which is very well priced. There is internet but the connection is not very good at all, there is no TV in the rooms but thats a good thing!
Highly recommend, yes it is a mission to get to especially with kids, but its worth it very worth it, the rooms are not luxurious but the scenery is and the service makes it all luxurious.
TIP take some books..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island