“Best ever romantic place”

La Plage Sunset Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in El Nido
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunset Bar and Beachfront Restaurant, Provençale and Asian Cuisines.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best ever romantic place”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

So Romantic...can drink chill while u watch the sunset....been there 2 times in one week stay el nido :)

Visited April 2014

Helsinki, Finland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Really great food and laid back atmosphere, we especially liked the Thai salad with shrimp and the ceviche-like seafood dish.

Visited April 2014
Manila, Philippines
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Best-kept sweet spot of Corong-Corong”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in all of El Nido! It's nicely located in Corong-Corong beach, a short ride away from the noisy town.

In my opinion, La Plage is the only place in El Nido that offers what a lovely dinner is for me: great food, nice drinks, relaxed atmosphere, and beachfront daybeds where you can lie quietly and watch the stars.

The last point is something that you don't find easily in El Nido town. Sure, there are restaurants or bars with tables on the beach, but it's usually noisy, crowded, and none have beanbags or daybeds.

La Plage's food is very nice. Their menu - a combination of Filipino and French gastronomic delights - changes everyday depending on the fresh produce available in the market. My personal favorites are the calamari adobo with red wine, juicy pork (I forget the name of the dish), and baked clams with curry. They usually offer banana or mango flambé for dessert.

They have a nice bar where you can drink, but we prefer drinking our mojitos and pastis on the beach, where the daybeds/cushions are very comfortable. Sometimes French music is playing, sometimes reggae, then one time, a live DJ was spinning house music.

The staff are very gracious and accommodating, with the owners often stopping by our table to make sure everything's okay. There are very friendly dogs (esp. Madame, the pitbull) that roam around and make the place even more cozy.

Prices are a bit higher than in town but definitely worth it. Being French-owned, most of the customers are also French and other Western tourists. I rarely saw local tourists there, perhaps because some may find the place intimidating or it could be that many still don't know about the place.

Whatever it is, this is a charming little place that must not be missed in El Nido!

2 Thank krukruk
Milano
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Very good, but...”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal in these restaurant on the front beach and I think here works a good chef and the service is quite good. Maybe this is the best place to have a gourmand dinner in El Nido but I'm not sure to do a good thing suggesting La Plage to the readers because after eating over there, 2 friends of us felt sick and one of those spent the same night and the day after into a clinic. However, I didn't have any problem and, to be honest, I have to give a good vote.

1 Thank Ferro_da_Milano
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go anywhere else”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Don't even think about stopping here.
My wife and I recently visited at sunset, and when we went up to the bar to ask about food we were told that the restaurant didn't open for a few more minutes but that we could order a drink and wait for it to open.

An hour later, all the tables around us had received food, but we had still not seen a menu. Someone approached our table, asked if we wanted another drink and I replied "Could we order some food." The person stated "I don't know my English isn't really that good" and walked off. We waited 30 more minutes and watched as people around us continued to get served.

I went up to the bar to pay for our drinks and despite the entire staff sitting at the bar talking amongst themselves, to took several minutes for them to even acknowledge my presence and let me pay.

This place is totally worthless, for the week we were there all I saw was there drugged out appearing staff lounging on their beach chairs. I don't know who is fronting the money for this sorry excuse for a restaurant.

Visited March 2014