“Basic and good value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nido's Friendly Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Nido
Nido's Friendly Inn
Ranked #62 of 88 El Nido B&B and Inns
Tartu, Estonia
“Basic and good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed there for a week in November-December. Got the fan room with a private bathroom (without toilet seat). The price was 800 per night but I guess most of the rooms were empty, so we got it with 700.
I think they don't clean the rooms unless you request. Also there are many many roosters around. Their neighbors have at least 10 roosters and they start making noise very very early in the morning.
People were very friendly. The house was kept always clean. They also offered tours (although when we booked island hopping tour A we had to rent the snorkeling equipment in addition), laundry service and you could also order (buy) breakfast. The place is in the town, so location is really good! The streets are not so dark as described before and I think there is nothing to be afraid of :)
I would suggest the place and would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Reene M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My initial impression of Nido's friendly Inn, from what I researched, was that it's clean and very basic. They actually have two websites which really confused me at first. But both websites contained similar pictures so I figured they were referring to just one place.

I got in touch with the owner of the inn, Ms. Iris, and she was very helpful and excited when I called. I originally wanted to stay for just 1 day (i'm on business) but extended to two nights.

Pros:

1. Place is very clean, floor is polished, bed sheets are clean. The room is very basic, without hot shower, but for one budget room, it's better than most.
2. Friendly host - they'll arrange for your tours, engage you in conversations, etc.
3. Budget - very affordable at Php800/night for 2 pax, standard room. Php1,400 for a/c.
4. Wi-fi - at least they have wi-fi.

Cons:
1. Away from town. They're in front of Jehovah's witness. When night came and I was still out with family and friends, I actually got scared walking the dark alleys and streets to get to Nido Friendly Inn. Even our driver did not know where it was located; it's a little hidden and the alleys have no lights whatsoever.
2. No hot shower - I mean, isn't that supposedly a basic amenity?
3. Noise from other guests - you sometimes tend to hear unwanted noise from other guests.

But I liked the place. in fact, everytime I'm in El Nido, i'll make sure to spend some nights here because it's really affordable and good for lounging. They have a bench by the frontyard where you can just read or sip hot coco or something!

Room Tip: Bring flashlight when you go out at night and will come back later to this inn. There are no lights...