Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Agoda.com
$872
Priceline
$912
Vio.com
$821
Hotels.com
1,026 results
All reviews beach villa el nido resorts reef sharks pool bar small lagoon monitor lizards the resort manager hobie cat huge bathroom the general manager private dinner heaven on earth f b manager manila airport special dinner our honeymoon marine life
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I've heard how much people raved abt this resort and wanted to see it for myself.

Upon arrival there was no chk in process. Instead we were given a quick tour of the islanf by Lui who warmly welcomed us. Upon arriving at the villa, I can smell luxury upon opening the door. The villa is huge and shouts luxury all the way. The bed is so comfortable, the bathroom huge with 2 sinks. I didn't want to leave the room anymore. There were a lot of freebies too. The water bottles, slippers and hats can all be brought home as souvenirs. The villa is big enough to fit 3 adults.

Food was excellent but quite pricey. Not all activities are free though. Some activities are pricey to arrange. Bottomline if you just want to chill and enjoy the luxurious room, lie on the beach and go to the spa, then Pangulasian is it.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MrsKanga
El Nido Resorts, General Manager at El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2021

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time and effort to recount your experience in TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. It has been our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

By all accounts the best resort in the El Nido area. Private but not too remote...close to most boat tour highlights...and not a bad ride from town. Nice bungalows. Nice pool area. Great beach. Good food. Good snorkeling right in front of resort. Amazing and affordable in room massages. Really amazing staff. Ethos that really cares about the environment...which is what this whole area is about.

Highlight was a private boat tour of the areas top attractions...left early and got ahead of the mobs coming on the tours from town...being the only people in places like secret beach was incredible.

Make sure to catch sunset from the deck at the top of the hike on the resort island at least once and the other days sunset on bean bags on the beach in front of the bar. Only recommendations for the resort are to take the food from a 4 to a 5 (especially the buffet) and to offer more standard boat tours so that guests don’t all need to book privates.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2019

What an amazing place.

Stayed at this beautiful resort for a 10-night stay and it did not disappoint. The rooms are massive and private. You are provided with all the eco-friendly bathroom necessities you need during your stay including shampoo, conditioner, bathgel, dental goodies and razer.

The best part about this resort is the that the beach is at your door step and you don't have to compete with other guests for day beds. My partner and I were very fortunate to have a stayed during a time when the beach seemed empty most days, granted we were at the opposite end of the club house. The staff here are incredibly friendly as well, from the groundskeepers to the room attendants through to the wait staff and activities officer.

The island is central to other smaller islands and its sister resorts which makes it ideal for island hopping in el-nido. You can visit miniloc and lagen resorts at a small cost, but guests at miniloc and lagen cannot visit pangulasian. Pangulasian is truely your private island getaway. Aside from island hopping, you have to attempt the ealry morning and afternoon hike to the viewing deck. It is quite difficult but it is worth the hike. You get an unobstructed view of the sunset, the best place on the island to take all your sunset photos.

One thing that would of made the luxury complete was a bathtub in the beach villas. I didn't use the daybed in the bathrooms, a bathtub would of been better but i can understand how that wouldnt contribute to being eco. The island isnt limited to couples, so you may get a family with young children there during your stay.

Thank you to the team at PIR for looking after us during our stay and making our first stay at PIR a memorable one

Room tip: ask to be further away from the clubhouse and pool bar. Quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayphil8382
ElNidoResortsPH, Manager at El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

So we’ve been back to reality for 2 weeks after a blissful 5 night stay in a beach villa.

It’s a place my husband and I will go back to and that doesn’t happen very often. The transfer service from the Air Swift flight to the island was well rehearsed and very smooth. The heavens opened just as we were nearing the shore but staff were on hand to assist with umbrellas and lovely cool drinks.

We stayed in villa 7 which was half way between the main areas and the pool. I have read some reviews that said the resort needs updating, we saw a little of this in some areas but were more than happy with our villa. It was kept spotlessly clean and the little touches of the sun hats, beach bags, insect repellant and snacks were very welcome.

We didn’t use the trips that were included as part of the package but we did do a couple of private trips. The first one was a 4hr hire and we set off at 7am. Our guide Joar was wonderful, knowledgable and a really nice guy. We went to secret beach first and I got a shock when he said we had to swim through an opening in the rock face. I’m not a confident swimmer in the sea so Joar stayed with me as we swam through. I was pleased that I did it and that was mainly down to him. We kayaked round another island and my husband went snorkelling with Joar looking for turtles. An unforgettable day. My husband also did a private fishing trip with Joar and again had a great morning. Raynel was a super snorkelling guide too, my husband saw a 5ft reef shark thanks to his spotting ability.

Staff on the whole are excellent, however we felt there is a need for management direction in the main restaurant. As other reviews have stated, you see the manager on arrival and when leaving, it would be prudent to be more visible to guests.

Now for the only downside to our stay: the food. I would have been more than happy to give our stay 5* but the food just lets it down. The breakfast was ok, chefs made a wonderful omelette. Other items ok.
We had lunch at the pool bar, that was really good. We had dinner 3 nights at the main restaurant and it was really poor so we ate dinner at the pool bar again and that was cooked really well. Thanks to Alvin for looking after us so well, works very hard for all guests.
The worst dishes were a prawn tikka and chicken vindaloo. Ive never had to de shell 3 large prawns covered in a tikka powder before, tasteless and very messy. What we couldn’t understand was why there was no “fish of the day” for 3 out of our 5 days? Seemed bizarre for a 5* resort.

As I said we will definitely go back with the hope that the food improves. Thankyou

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anoif
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Pangalusian is a dream vacation resort set in the most stunning island setting. Staff are all very friendly and sweet. Beach villa has a magnificent view. Amenities top notch and complimentary daily activities keep guests busy. Shout out to our guide Ryan who clearly cares that guests have a fantastic time during outings.
Food in resort is very good (we mostly have our meals in pool bar) and my son absolutely can’t get enough of their tropical fruit juice mixes - his fav is the banana mango smoothie! The resort has a rustic charm and one encounters monitor lizards, tropical birds and baby monkeys. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank GGVancouver

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time and effort to express your appreciation in TripAdvisor. Guest feedback such as yours has immeasurable value to us. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your visit and that you were impressed with our resort and your experience here. We will surely pass along your nice words and commendations to the team. I’m sure this will spur them to further surpass the already great work they are doing. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!