“A great view from deluxe and superior rooms”
Review of Periking El Nido

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Nido
Periking El Nido
Ranked #35 of 101 El Nido B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in October, just a couple of weeks before Super Typhoon Yolanda. The view from our second floor deluxe room was simply incredible. The room, bathroom and shower were adequate, but the view is totally worth the extra money ($15 US) between a deluxe room and a standard room. The hotel's website has good representative pictures of the deluxe room, but does not show the view from the outdoor 2d floor balcony. Standard rooms do not have an ocean view. I am not sure if all deluxe rooms have an ocean view though... you might check before booking.

Our room (#6?) was nice, with sufficient space to fit a small mattress on the floor (but a bit cramped). Aircon worked nicely when electricity was available. However, it is somewhat spartan with just modest dresser and a tablestand. No TV or telephone, or ironing board, or iron. Still, it was sufficient for our needs. One caveat: the bathroom did look a lot more dated and worn than something newly constructed in 2012, but it was adequate. As shown in the pictures on the hotel's website, the shower is not a separate tub or enclosure but is next to the toilet and is separated by a shower curtain. Hot water is supplied by a tank in the bathroom, which I did not know how to use my first nite. Still, a cold shower was fine in the hot evening.

But the real value of this place is the beachfront location and the view of the bay and Cadlao island. Sunrise, sunset, during the day, it was always beautiful and serene. We were very fortunate to have nice weather during our stay.

Other reviews have mentioned the hospitality and friendliness of the family operating Periking, and I have to agree. The inclusive morning breakfasts, with teas or coffees, were a nice start of the day.

Periking's is a bit more pricey than other beachfront hotels --- and by the way, it is truly beachfront. But compared to Marina Gardens which is also on the beach, I highly suggest you spend the extra money for a deluxe room at Periking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank notperfectalas2

Reviewed November 29, 2013

A/C and breezes captured by balcony overlooking all action on beach. Good value for money, clean, comfy, friendly. Would stay again. Note all electricity turns off at 6 am, so be prepared for a cold morning shower

Room Tip: Balcony overlooking beach
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Last September, I went home from Taiwan to surprised my wife and I took her in Palawan. We both fell inlove in El nido. It was my first time to see a paradise that it took me few minutes to absorbed the view that was infront us. We enjoyed looking at the beach everyday from our room balcony with a delightful breakfast in Periking. What i love most in Periking hotel are the staffs and the tour. Unlike other hotels, they look serious and unapproachable. In Periking, they always have genuine smile to everyone. Which gives the place a happy and relaxing environment. The Island hopping was incredible! Next time, we will go back with our kids and i hope to see the same smiling faces in Periking. I recommend this place for lovers especially newlyweds!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The best place to stay in El Nido ---- Periking! The view is magnificent, the rooms are clean, comfy bed and friendly staff. We stayed at Periking for 3 nights ( Oct 2012 ). They also have Island tour packages and internet connection. I surely recommend this place to my friends and relatives. El Nido, a must visit place in the Philippines.

Mary Ann F

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor, the view is nice with terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Ann F
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went here last september. As part of my research about the different hotels and restos in Palawan. Its for my post grad thesis about services in restos and hotels. Out of the 6 resorts or rest house ive visited, Periking is what i like most. The staff are great, friendly and accommodating. Of course they dont know that i was conducting a research. The gave me free coffee after i spent time kn the beach. Which was a plus factor for me since i am a coffee addict. And its free! Unlike in other resorts. I love their complimentary soap and shampoo. It smells wonderful! The owners are great and nice people! The rooms were magnificent just like the view from my de luxe room. Keep it up periking! Thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Edwin D
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Its my second time here in periking. My first visit was june 2012. I didnt placed a review before. Because i didnt really enjoyed my stay there. But,since im not really familiar here in El nido, and i wanted to stay to a familiar place rather than be disappointed again, i stayed here. But, much to my surprised, it has really improved! Standard, (which was the one i stayed in before), has improved a lot. The sheets are all clean and smells good. The floor was so clean. And the toilet too! I got the chance to check on the other rooms. Like the superior room. It was big enough to accommodate 3-4 persons. Same with the standard room. It was clean! Big and clean. De luxe, my room for 2 days, is my favourite! I also noticed that the staff were more accommodating and friendly with a lil touch of professionalism now. Unlike before, they dont look vey helpful. Good job to the management for training them well! What really caught my attention was the vault. Per Paul, it just arrived a day after i did.I felt safer to leave my valuables when i went to the market and while i was busy boating and of course the best part in periking el nido was the island hopping! Paul also mentioned that soon they will put television units in each room. They will start with the superior rooms. However, they are still checking the units for safety precautions. And the WIFI! Before, you can only access the wifi at the reception area but now, its accessible inside the room. Good job and i really enjoyed my second stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Acky N
Reviewed October 25, 2013

One thing that i will never forget at periking and that really made me feel safe while staying there, was, during my first night, I had a terrible headache. I requested them to bring me to the nearest hospital. But, the owners, Paul and olivia, were registered nurses. With their help and their first aid equipments, i saved myself from spending money and from being hospitalized. They gave me free meds. But, i was also advised to seek medical attention once im back in manila. This made me feel safer to stay here! Our room, the De luxe, has the most magnificent view of the cadlao Island. It is a priceless view! The staff and the owner, are all very nice, very considerate and warm.
And they are serving breakfast too. Its just a small serving of breakfast. But, for me, since im not a heavy eater, its just right. And they served very affordable drinks! Sodas, beers and water which i think, are much cheaper compared if you'll purchase it outside periking. So no need to go out to buy drinks! And, Take note of this, they are the only one who sells PELLIGRINO, ARIZONA and DR. PEPPERS in the whole town! Yes, i emphasized on those drinks because, for me, this is one of Periking's advantage among other restos, hotels and resorts. Periking is really finding its way to compete with other resorts. I will definitely recommend periking to other bloggers, friends and family abroad! Kudos Periking!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple