“Great Staff!”

Ranked #7 of 92 El Nido B&B and Inns
Luzon, Philippines
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The reason that this is an excellent place is because of their staff, they are very polite and courteous. They also address all your needs. The rooms are clean but their family room could use some more lighting. The location is perfect, all the things that you need is just around the corner.

The staff is very supportive they even helped us in the police station to fix some things.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I picked this hotel for the price. Getting a hotel room for a family of 4 in El Nido is not easy, most hotel room are for double occupancy. Then I checked the reviews from other customers for cleanliness which is very important to me - I was not disappointed.. This hotel is clean, bathroom works so well, as well as air conditioning. We were in a room located at the first floor, noise did not bother us, we have to wake up early anyway to be with our tour. Don't expect for a nice/large breakfast, if you want, buy freshly baked bread at the bakery next door, bring upstairs eat it with your free breakfast. Nice restaurant is just a couple minutes walk for our breakfast and dinner. Staff were friendly and accommodating, it was raining hard when we left, they even offer us large plastic bags to wrapped our luggage so it wont get wet, which was a good thing because the bus we took to go back to PPS tied our luggage on the roof carrier of the bus and it was raining on and off until we arrived. I will recommend this hotel, maybe if we go back to this place, I will be checking on this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rod C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2013

we were traveling as a group and they has rooms that could fit 5 people comfortably. So happy that they had AC and hot water. Every night there seemed to always be a poer outage in the city and we were lucky that this hotel had a backup generator. I was disappointed that there was only wifi on the lobby and it was very slow. The staff was always very friendly. They would hold on to our keys as we had our tours during the day and did nt want to carry so many little things. There was free breaskfast, but it did take a while to prepare for each person because it was made when people arrived and the taste was so-so. Right next door was nice a bakery that i think everyone in town went to. We would go there often. I would visit here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank maite l
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (originally from 3 nights but since we wanted to explore Puerto Princesa, we just opted to stay for 2 nights)

The location itself makes this hotel the best choice, located within the El Nido Town, only walking distance to the beach, Church, and food establishments (the only bakery in town is located beside of this hotel)

the room was okay for our stay, (most of the time we were outside). Decent bathroom with free toiletries, free use of towel, water pressure is good, free wifi (but only accessible in the lobby), and to top it all, free breakfast which is filling enough..

But the best asset of this hotel must be the owner and the staff, they willingly check in us at 4AM (but with additional charge though..) since we took the last bus trip from Puerto Princesa to El Nido.
Always smiling and they let even us to use the hotel provided towels for our island hopping..

Although the price of this hotel may not be for the budget conscious, but given the location and added amenities.. this is a steal already..

Our only problem is that the room has no satellite TV and breakfast choices are limited to Filipino/Continental.

Good for stay if you are in a group, they also have a family room that can accommodate 5 persons.

Will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends..

Room Tip: we were given the deluxe room located at the ground floor, problem only is that it tend to become no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank War1025
Nice, France
Reviewed May 30, 2013

When we arrived they offered a standard room for 1800p/night with breakfast. I negociated it at 1500p without breakfast (and according to the review it was a good idea to skip their breakfast)
Pros :
The room and bathroom are clean
the building is pretty new so everything looks good.
It is well situated in the center of the city.
There is a very good bakery right next door.
They have a generator which allow you to have electricity until 10am (instead of 6am everywhere in the city).
Service was pretty good until they tried to rip us off with the laundry (see below for details)

Cons :
Aircon doesn't work so well.
The building was built quickly (you can tell by many details) and there's no ventilation system in the room or bathroom. Because it rained most of the time we were there, we could always feel humidity in the room and this is really not comfortable.
Wifi only works in the lobby where they only have 4 chairs. Of course it's often crowded and we could never sit when we wanted to do online stuff.
The worst was when they tried to rip us off with the laundry. When we asked for the price they told us 70p per kilo. I gave them 2 kilos so in my world that makes 140p total. But when we picked up our laundry they asked for 240p. I asked why and they said we have to had 100p for dryer. Apart from the fact that we weren't told about this extra charge, it's obvious they didn't use a dryer ! I could see the woman doing hand washing laundry from my window, as well as clothes being put on a rope for drying. And of course because El Nido is always so humid our clothes weren't totally dryed.

In conclusion it's too expensive for what it really is and you can find much better in El Nido for the same price. The fact that they are not honest is the first reason why i don't recommand this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miss G G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my 4 night stay.
It was clean, has hot water and air conditioning (although it does not work very well).
you can opt to have breakfast included in your stay, which we did and it was great.
The staff is great, very friendly and accomodating. The original room we had on the first floor (AVOID IT!!) had a rooster tied up just outside the window. One night it was crowing from midnight to 6am. Sundays you can hear the mass from the church starting at 5am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor, on the same side as the reception desk. Othewise, you will hear the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SrtaADB
Stavanger, Norge
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at Casa Cecila for 13 night. I extended my original booking, even when they had overbooked so I had to stay at an other hotel the 2 first nights. But they found me an other hotel, a little bit better one, and took me personally to the other hotel and got me transported back. They was very sorry, and corrected it the only way they could. I stayed in a single room. The room is not big, but was good enough for me. Good bed, warm shower and a little noisy AC. Breakfast is at the roof where you e ocean view. Staff at the hoy nice and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo