We stayed 4 days, and were very pleased to have Wing and Divine as our hosts. They were always ready to help, and gave us excellent recommendations. Some of the best things they did for us:
1. Wing helped us retrieve a bag that my sister had left on a bus getting there. He brought her to the bus depot, and even went to the next town to fetch the bag when they finally received news of where it was.
2. Their recommendations were always spot on. And I never felt that we were being shunted to a place for commissions, the food/price/atmosphere was great! We did explore some on our own, but sadly the places we found that way were less impressive by far.
3. Thanks to their introduction, we found ourselves on a "private" boat for regular tour prices, while other tourists were packed because they went with more popular tour companies.
4. They give hot coffee every morning, but they noticed on the first day that we used one of the teabags we brought, and from the second day onwards, there was always tea. I thought this was really nice of them.
The beach in front of the cottages isn't the best I've seen, but it's fantastic for just walking and exploring rockpools at low tide. There's a lovely sunset view every day, too. The dogs are friendly, and we had a super good time there.
It's located a little out of town, but it's not too far to walk - we did it a couple times for fun. By tricycle it's just 5mins away.
The only drawback I must point out is that we had to be very conscious about using insect repellent. But this is more or less normal, since this is the tropics, after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a really nice place on the beach. We have separated bungalows with one double-bed and bathroom, family bungalows. You can choose bungalow with fan or a/c. The beach called Corong-Corong. This is 2 km southward from El Nido. Price depends from the season. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lugadia Beach Cottages El Nido, Palawan Island