“Great place”

Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in El Nido
Cuisines: Asian, European, Filipino
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the overlooking terrace of the restaurant facing Cadlao Island and the South China Sea.Local, Asian specialties and international meals are served.All our meals are made with fresh local produce including fishes, lobsters, king prawns caught fresh every day. You can also try our Seafood pasta, our seafood curry our pork ribs and beef tenderloin.All our meals include side dish ; vegetables and rice or home made french fries or home made mash potatoes.The bar next to the restaurant a large list of drinks like wines, cocktails or healthy fresh juices.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The best place in El Nido itself.Great restaurant. We stayed for 4 days there. Once tried food in Art Cafe, but it has nothing to do with a good food. Cadlao Resort offers a great menu.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We ate here twice during our trip. It is a bit of a walk to get here from El Nido town, but so worth it. I had deep sea marlin wrapped in banana leaf, covered in mango, garlic and other spices, and a raw fish salad. We sat right next to the sea on their elevated restaurant platform. Excellent service, a wonderfully friendly owner and a pretty low price tag considering the quality of the food will definitely bring me back to this restaurant on future visits. I only am sorry that they do not allow more than 2 people into a room. If there were family rooms available I would most definitely have stayed here!

1  Thank Marika255093
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pros -
a) Good food
b) In our case, the owner's daughter came up to us to take our order when she found no waiter had come to us

Cons -
a) Expensive (I ended up shelving about a thousand pesos to a dinner for two here.... )
b) No air con (I assure you - the warm humid still air of El Nido is NOT suited for Al fresco dining!). No fan - terribly warm and stuffy
c) Slow service (would not have minded the time taken if it was comfortable to wait!)

All in all, we ate here because the places in El Nido town proper were lousy (we had eaten at the beach the previous evening - it was among the crappiest meals I have ever had - despite the candle light! Fortunately for the restaurant, I do not remember it's name!) and we were staying at Taiyo (among the few good unpretentious places to stay in El Nido)

So, while eating in El Nido, I have always had the feeling of being sandwiched between the devil and the deep sea - either eat crap (at the rate of what a good meal in Boracay would have cost - I am not even bringing in better eateries I have seen in Camotes and Siquijor) or spend like there is no tomorrow and pinch yourself while you feel cheated!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We happened upon this resort while exploring the island. We dropped by their restaurant which was set right by the beach. The sea & the horizon from restaurant was beautiful in the early sunset. Try their red snapper kilawin ! Our friend Bill thought it was the best raw fish he ever had ! Still raving about it after a week !! I had the kalamari, also a wonderful dish. The cocktails are all great !

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ambiance: Perfect for breakfast rated one of the top My Favorite Breakfast Corners of the World by me (heehee); great view, good breakfast choices, good taste. Unlimited coffee and tea is a major plus for me!

Price: A bit overpriced for the island. For Dinner: I would prefer a more Filipino inspired fare in the menu. Big portions though, and the presentation is appetising. Everything could use a little bit more salt though.

1  Thank nita300